Problems With The Late Future Energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was a dual fuel energy customer of Future energy, joined them in August of 2016

I provided them with accurate usage figures for the previous twelve months and they set my monthly direct debit figure.

Service wise it was poor from the outset their web site never functioned, just constant messages saying they were working on it and the service would be available soon.

Unable to access bills on-line I was reliant on paper billing and in May 2017 even this stopped!

I telephone Future on numerous occasions to express my concern that I was not receiving bills and that I was worried that my monthly payments may not be covering my usage, I was always reassured that if that was the case I would be informed of the need to increase my monthly direct debit.

Fast forward to March 2018 when I receive a letter from Green Star Energy informing me that Future had gone bust and they had been appointed by OFGEM as my new supplier.

I have now received a letter in the Future colour scheme with Future energy logos, but which is in fact from the administrators, they have meter readings for my electricity supply but apparently, they have no readings opening or closing for my gas supply.

They have therefore estimated my gas usage and on that basis, I now owe them £700!!

Questions

Did Future Energy have any sort of duty of care towards me with regard to the management of my account providing regular bills and so keeping me informed that I was accruing a negative balance? After all its far easier to increase monthly payment by £30 or £40 than pull £700 out of the hat.

If Future did have any duty of care as they have now gone out of business is there anything I can do?

In any event can the administrators force me to pay an estimated bill?

As always thanks in advance for any guidance or advice.

Nosnibor

"THE CAG IS MY SHEPHERD I SHALL NOT PAY": :lol:

If you owe money it is to the administrators so the newco should start with a clean slate. That means you need to work out what you owe if anything.

You can use the back billing rules to write off any amount that is more than a year out of date so if the error on DD started at the beginning then that part can be scrubbed.

Up to them to prove otherwise if they want to argue.

So if shortfall consistently £10 a month then you knock £120 off the amount due and negotiate time to pay the administrators

Hi,

Sorry have taken a while to come back, Dad taken into hospital at the weekend:|

Ericsbrother that is interesting info regarding back billing sorry if I'm been a bit thick just need to get it clear in my head before I open my mouth:wink:

I received demand for payment from the administrators on the 20th July 2018 does this mean they can only bill me back to 20th July 2017?

Many thanks

N

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If they havent billed you before and you havent been hiding from them then yes, only the last year counts.

You will need some meter readings to show that their demands are in line with consumption or they will just send an estimate for 4 grand and try and cover all eventualities.

Morning folks,

Based on the info from you guys and the meter readings I have (I continued to send them even though they stopped providing bills) they would owe me money!!

What would be me best move now,

write to them pointing out the “back billing” regulations,

providing the meter readings I have and requesting a revised final account?

Thanks

N

If your figures are to your advantage send them and demand a revised bill and point out that if you dont receive this in a coherent form you will raise the matter with the onbudsman.

If they do indeed owe you money then tell them that they have a finite time to refund you, a month being more than long enough

FYI: back billing has been around for numerous years

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Morning All,

Just to update, I wrote to CDS Global saying that I acknowledged there was a debt outstanding to Future Energy and that I would be happy to settle this but only upon receipt of a bill not backdated more than 12 months and based upon accurate meter readings (which I provided)

Basically, they ignored this and adopted the usual DCA tactic of sending me text messages asking me to call them as a matter of urgency, however, I have now received an interesting e-mail stating that as they are a debt collector and not subject to OFGEM regulations then the restrictions on “back billing” do not apply???

I’m pretty sure this is nonsense but would appreciate any advice on how best to respond or if in fact I should respond at all.

Many thanks

N

Well they are powerless anyway so ignore them deal with the real owner of the debt

Bounce and block their emails.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...