Litter Fine but did not litter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, your advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Essentially I was sitting in my car in a private car park talking to a colleague on the telephone.

An council environmental enforcement officer approached my window and accused me of littering and stated that he was going to issue me with a fixed penalty notice.

Confused I asked what I was supposed to have done and he answered that I threw a cigarette out the window to the floor. I don't even smoke!

I tried to discuss the matter calmly but the officer would not reason with me.

I explained that I didn't smoke and that he must be mistaken.

I was rudely told that 'he had seen it with his own eyes' and 'would not be worth his time making things up'....which he clearly was!!

I then asked him if he had any physical or video based evidence to back his claims to which he replied he didn't.

He then went on to explain that a letter would be sent in the post and that I would have 14 days to pay.

Is there any course of redress here as I think this is very unfair.

Regards,

DD

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

then when you get the letter you ask for strict proof of the offence and state that you will be delighted to be put in front of a magistrate over this.

as it was private land it is still possible for the council to enforce but you also have the opportunity to get the landlord involved as they can equally liable for the actions of the council bod and may well want the matter to go away so remove the councils right of access for such actions

a foi request to the council to ask who the contractors are and whether their staff get paid a performance bonus would also help you. when you get the letter yopu let the local paperr know the story as well.

then look up any national newspaper articles and contact their reporter as well.

If its contractors to the council, they get paid comission for each fpn thats issued. These people dont care if its private or council property, theyre just told to issue as many as they can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

nice to see you around DD

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...