hermes broke my window shoving parcel through it

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1915 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hermes Courier broke window stay shoving a parcel through my porch window.

The parcel wasnt for me but of 6 doors up and they didnt try delivering there or ringing my doorbell.

Made a complaint and that is where it all went wrong.

they mixed my name up with the intended recipient of the parcel.

The manager who I spoke to and agreed that I would get a mate to replace the catch and he would send something nice as a gesture of goodwill. Well it didnt arrive and

after a total of 12 more calls it turns out that the idiot didnt know what gesture of goodwill meant and so didnt do anything about it. No wonder he showed a lack of imagination when I asked him to think of something appropriate for the circumstance as people usually send flowers or chocolates.

When i get the notes read back to me he had noted that as I hadnt sent them an invoice number for the flowers to he couldnt pay for it and left it at that.

The customer services team cant read the complaints teams notes and vice versa so they have to email each other,

the managers dont return calls in the promised time and make their junior staff appear to be incompetent at best and liars at worst and no-one would take control of the mess

even the company chief exec denying he was the complaints dept overall boss but wouldnt say who was actually between him and them for "Data Protection".

Just the job title would have done but not just the word "manager" as that could be anyone or no-one.

They refused to send out stuff under a SAR as I wouldnt supply them with an email address ( they actually had it and I told them to stop being lazy and look at the notes but of course it was a different department that had that info).

They said they dont send things in the post - THEY ARE A POSTAL SERVICE how the hell do they think they deliver all of the other stuff broken by them, by teleporting it?

If they have any sense they would order a nice bottle of wine from Ocado and let them deliver it as they can manage to dispatch an order the same day (Hermes originally said it would take at least 3 days to deliver my GOGW as they are not a next day service and had seemingly never heard of Tesco online or Ocado) and not lose it or break it.

We will see what the end of the day brings as They will be using RM to deliver their AOS to the County Court should I decide enough is enough.

Truly they are the worst company to deal with I have come across as far as CS goesn and TalkTalk try to hold on to that crown with some pretty bad teams in the Phillipines and SA to navigate where Hermes all live in the same building in Leeds.

Only posting this becasue they have hidden under a stone on Facebook and their livechat has gone dumb as well. Funny coincidence?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Hermes Parcelnet UK

Ms Catherine Lindsay

Director of Customer Experience

Capitol House

1 Capital Close

Morley

Leeds

West Yorshire

LS27 0WH

Email: [email protected]

ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

update on this, they decided to not use their imagination on their GOGW but sent flowers.

Unfortunately they mail merged my details with the person who was due the parcel and delivered them to the wrong address.

His wife has been so unimpressed by Hermes over the item I received being misdelivered 4 times for her she rejected the flowers anyway!

Hermes now owe me money for their breach of the GDPR by knowingly processing incorrect personal data (i had corrected their incorrect files already)

but they just scanned the barcode of the original parcel and sent the flowers there with my last name added to the full name of my neighbour so it read to Mr John Smith Ericsbrother. at 199 the street instead of ericsbrother at 109 the street

What a shambles

Also one fo their complaints team repatedly hung up on me because I was using my phone on loudspeaker and he thought the echo was a recording feedback.

Well, hearing impaired people who wear hearing aids struggle to use a handset and write at the same time as the positioning of the speakers arent conducive to actually hearing the other person.

So disability discrimination complaint lodged, they owe me about 2 grand as a minimum for damages under data laws and injury to feelings on vento scale.

About 10 grand if you take the top of the lower bands.

all over a but of plastic that is worth about 3 quid.

waiting for their legal dept to contact me.

Perhaps they ahve already couriered something round as compo but sent it to the wrong address and with the wrong name on no-one will ever be able to redirect it

the CEO is [email protected] but he prefers to hide away behind his lower echelons who cant find their own backsides with both hands

got an email from hermes legal saying that they often deliver to an alternative address and I should be gratefu. That is as maybe but only if the person consents to take in the parcel, not have it shoved through a window without any attempt to enquire if I would accept the item or even see if I was in. they offered me £50.

County Court claim now made including damages for breach of GDPR, equalities Act and breach of contract when they sent someone round to apologise but only managed to cause more friction by telling more lies. They also claim they dont have the recordings of my phone calls so discrimination didnt happen. Well they know I do because I told them so.

Now will have to see what they send as far as SAR goes, I dont suppose it will be sent in time and probably to the wrong address as they managed to still get that wrong as they now confuse my address with 109 the avenue as that is where the courier though he was going. dont quite get that as it then should have been shoved through 199 the avenues window as the label wasnt wrong as far as house number goes.

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid that I have only just seen this.

It's a hilarious story. Well done on suing them and well done on getting your judgement. How much have you been awarded?

If I had seen it, I would have suggested that you also include a claim for trespass which would have increased your damages quite a lot.

If you have received the judgement, is it a forthwith judgement – which case you should put the bailiffs in

approx £1700 for a £3 bit of plastic that costs £130+ to fit if I pay the actual nvoice.

My next step is to wait a week afer they get the judgement and then rather than have the matter transferred to the High Court so bailiffs ca be set lose is to ask for a winding up order. thjis costs £160 but the matter gets posted in the London gazette and their banks have to be informed and take any action they need to protect any creditors assets. this cant be stopped by filling out a N244link3.gif set aside, it has to go to a hearing even if that is so the claim can be struck out becuse they have paid.

I have to pay for the appointment of an Administrator and that will cost me £1600 but get a £45 BILLION stock market value international company by the balls for that.

these companues just dont take complaint form small people seriously and even dont feel embarrassed to have to sort out bailiffs as it never gets publicly reported but this does.

As originally posted a bottle of wine or a box of choccies and an apology would have done the job but they employ people as "managers" who are too stupid to react on their own initiative and dont have any real authority.

their lawyers put the most insulting suggestion that my neighbour had authorised Hermes to shove parcels through my window when he was out so they arent liable for the damage. I was looking forward to seeing their written authority for that as it would have to come on Sussex Police headed paper!

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

My next step is to wait a week afer they get the judgement and then rather than have the matter transferred to the High Court so bailiffs ca be set lose is to ask for a winding up order. thjis costs £160 but the matter gets posted in the London gazette and their banks have to be informed and take any action they need to protect any creditors assets. this cant be stopped by filling out a N244link3.gif set aside, it has to go to a hearing even if that is so the claim can be struck out becuse they have paid.

I have to pay for the appointment of an Administrator and that will cost me £1600 but get a £45 BILLION stock market value international company by the balls for that.

Now all we need is for this to happen to the likes of ParkingEye and their compatriots - may make them sit up and take notice.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

Love it! You should crowd fund it - I'd chip in - you'd only need 150 to 500 folk chipping in a bit each - well worth it to be part of a David & Goliath story. Keep the updates coming!

court tomorrow so we will see. I sadly think that I wont get a judge to order this and Hermes have given some rather outlandish statements in their case but as only 15 minutes allocated it looks as though they will get it on the nod and there will be a new hearing via a set aside motion they put in after this request.

court tomorrow so we will see. I sadly think that I wont get a judge to order this and Hermes have given some rather outlandish statements in their case but as only 15 minutes allocated it looks as though they will get it on the nod and there will be a new hearing via a set aside motion they put in after this request.

This seems to be something a bit missing here. What is the court appearance for?