Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: PEA parking windscreen PCN - changed car needed new residential permit parking....Help

You don't have to reply at all. They aren't any kind of legal authority and nothing they say is binding on you

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2011

Default Re: PEA parking windscreen PCN - changed car needed new residential permit parking....Help

Hi, if I don't bring this to an end, how will not doing anything stop them from putting more PCNs on my car in the future as I live in the close?

get a new permit?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

they arent worth a light and if they want to spend a small fortune for no reason that is up to them.
    You could get a restraining order if you really wnat to hurt them but not for 1 ticket!
    Quote Originally Posted by monyl View Post
    Hi, if I don't bring this to an end, how will not doing anything stop them from putting more PCNs on my car in the future as I live in the close?

In the meantime get a permit for the new motor, and remind them that you still have Supremacy of Contract .

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thank you all for all your help, will let you know what happens with POPLAicon.

POPLAicon wont consider supremacy of contract so dont be surprised if they turn you down

Basic Account Holder

Hi everyone,

just to let you know that I was successful in winning my appeal at POPLAicon in October.

It has been very stressful and really affected me to the point that the whole thing made me unwell.

Thank you all for your help and assistance.

What won it?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi dk100uk, have cut and paste the conclusion below:

'The appellant states that the operator has provided no evidence to confirm that they have landowner authority to issue the PCN.

Section 7.1 of the BPA Code of Practice states: “If you do not own the land on which you are carrying out parking management, you must have the written authorisation of the landowner (or their appointed agent)”.

Section 7.3 continues: “7.3 The written authorisation must also set out: a the definition of the land on which you may operate, so that the boundaries of the land can be clearly defined b any conditions or restrictions on parking control and enforcement operations, including any restrictions on hours of operation c any conditions or restrictions on the types of vehicles that may, or may not, be subject to parking control and enforcement d who has the responsibility for putting up and maintaining signs e the definition of the services provided by each party to the agreement”.

In order to prove that it has the necessary landowner authority to issue the PCN, I would expect the operator to provide written landowner authority or a valid witness statement to rebut the appellant claims.

However, the operator has only provided a document that confirms that the landowner has extended a contract. I cannot determine from the extension what the operator’s responsibilities are and whether it has authority to issue PCN’s. The appellant has raised other grounds of appeal. However, I do not consider it necessary to consider these, as I have already allowed the appeal on the above basis.

Accordingly, I do not conclude that the operator has correctly issued the parking chargeicon and will allow the appeal'.

Very stressful ordeal!!

Basic Account Holder

Cagger since : Jan 2016

Well done to you for not giving in!

The second victory on the forum in a few hours today, brilliant news.

Great stuff.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

Blimey POPLAicon must be toughening up
    Think? ThaT the 1st time weve ever seen them get involved in land ownership/contract issues??

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: PEA windscreen PCN - changed car needed new res permit **WON@POPLA no current contract**

Under the old POPLAicon contract with the London parking adjudicators scheme this was always a big thing but since it went to Ombudsmanservices ltd the they seemed to accept a contract existed if the parking co said they had one rather than demanding to see it.

God to see they have toughend up on this.
    Also you used to get to see what evidence the parking co had and get an opportunity to rebut it.
    now they get to see yours and rebut but you cant see what they claim, only POPLA.
    That could be awkward at some point in the future for them

Follows
    Following

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details