Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Default Irresponsible lending or not?

Had a cr@pone card, (Aqua) defaulted around 280, (200 limit) been paying 1 a month now down to 218.

Two months after defaulting on the first Cr@pone card, managed to obtain another from Cr@pone, again 200 limit, defaulted, been paying 1 a month since.

Is their any scope in an IRL claim? Or shall I just suck it up and continue payments for the life of the debt?

TIA...Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: Irresponsible lending or not?

Credit Cards more harder to do IRL claims on. I would say no in this case.

Its the lowest Credit Limit they do, but you passed their criteria checks.
    TBH if i was you... 1 a month per debt is pretty good to keep them off your back
    I wouldnt want the stress of this going to court. But to help more BB - Tell us the dates etc of cards and what happened to each.

Who are you paying?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Paying them direct, get the regular SOA, payments are reducing the amount.

Bit loathed to pay outright now that they have marked the CRF, so not much point really.

Took them out '14 when I was in my darkest deepest depths of bitterness and anger with the establishment (and MOD) Maxed them out.

Got them to refund all of the charges and stop all interest, even got a cheque for 75 out of them due to their harassment phone calls, up to six times a day, (good ole truecallicon)

Was only asking as looking to clear it up due to the missus wanting to get a mortgageicon, but after this mornings look through Experian, my score 580, and hers 533, we can safely say there isn't going to be any mortgageicon this year!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Follows
    Following

Cr@pone have sacked Fred's and sold the accounts to Lowlifes, who kindly sent a missive in the same envelope, and used the same paper and printer?

I had been paying 1 a month to cr@pone, for each card (2) but seeing as they have flogged this on, I won't be changing bank details to fund the crooks, if payments bounce back from cr@pone then I'll take that as they no longer want paying.

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Boo View Post
    Cr@pone have sacked Fred's and sold the accounts to Lowlifes, who kindly sent a missive in the same envelope, and used the same paper and printer?

I had been paying 1 a month to cr@pone, for each card (2) but seeing as they have flogged this on, I won't be changing bank details to fund the crooks, if payments bounce back from cr@pone then I'll take that as they no longer want paying.
    I like your thinking, If only Freds and Lowells were separate... Oh wait they are not... So any money you pay to Freds goes to Lowell anyway... XD -
    I wonder what would happen if you did continue to pay Freds for an - Imagine if they took legal action and you had been paying the whole time... That could be very interesting

"Claimant" - We notified the defendant that we had purchased the account in question... But he hasn't been paying us...
    "Defendant" - But i have been paying them - *Shows that Lowell and Frederickson are 1 & The Same"

That's the thing, even though Fred's et al Lowlifes owned the account, I have always paid cr@pone direct?

And they've been more than happy to accept the payment.....lers see what transpires.

Follows
    Following