CRA post bankruptcy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could anybody offer any advice or experience on the following, I'd be most grateful;

Made bankrupt 10 years ago by a creditor, at the same time the marriage fell apart, we had a joint interest only mortgage, the house was not repossessed because of a bit of negative equity.

We divorced 6 years ago and I have not lived in the house for 10 years. I paid child maintenance, the ex paid the small mortgage.

Fast forward to now and I have kept my affairs in order and I want to buy my own house.

I have discovered that there are 4k of mortgage arrears, and the mortgage company have trashed my credit rating with experian.

I received my credit report the other day and everything is in order apart from the mortgage.

I have sought legal advice and because the ex would almost certainly not be able to get another mortgage in order to remove me

( I want no financial gain, after all she has paid the mortgage for 10 years)

the only way will be spending upwards of 5k to get a financial order that would finally sort this mess out.

My gripe is that as the mortgage company cannot pursue me for any arrears or shortfall if repossessed

what is the point of them blackening my name with experian,

they have nothing to gain from doing this,

they are preventing me from moving my life forward and getting back on my feet again.

My ex is happy to sit in the house forever she has nothing to lose,

but I feel I am completely stuck and the bankruptcy has not enabled me to make a fresh start in life,

my past financial affairs are still holding me back.

Any thoughts on this are most welcome

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

what date is the default?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When you Divorced was there a legal agreement about who paid the Mortgage Payments?

Did you inform the Mortgage Company of your change of address?

Do the Arrears match after the Divorce?

You may need to send the Mortgage Company a SAR.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group