Customer protect warranty

sub72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All

Looking for some advice.

Bought a used car in March 2016 from a car supermarket place. Was sold a 3 year warranty with the car which in my opinion was pressure sold (was made to think i wouldnt get the finance on the car if i didnt agree to it). Anyway roll on to December 2017 returning from a trip the car lost all power on a dual carriageway luckily not far from home so managed to get the car home safely.

I phoned customer protect the following day who advised me to get the fault diagnosed (they recomended Halfords) so i paid £50 an took the car to halfords for diagnostics..they reported back saying that it was probably an injector that was at fault and that there was no issue with the turbo.

At the time i was not in a position to pay out a vast amount of money on repair due to job issues. So the car has been standing on my drive for the last 6 months.

Roll onto the present day im now in a better position and have saved up some money for the car to be repaired. So i booked it in with the local Hyundai dealer who have said the turbo is shot and will need replacing, gonna cost over £3000 to put right. So today i phone the Warranty company (customer protect) and advise them of this, they speak to the Hyundai dealer and have refused the repair because i first informed them of the issue last December. Now i know they aren't gonna cover the whole expense as the warranty will only go up to £1000 and im quite prepared to cover the rest of the repair from my own pocket.

My question is can i get my money back that i paid out for the warranty (£800 i think)

Any advice much appreciated.

You were told that it was the injector so did you get that in writing at the time or is it a case of he says she says?

You would need to read the warrany very carefully to see if their cop out is actually a term in the ciontract. These things are insurance contracts so you can complain to the insurance Ombudsman if you fail to get anywhere with the warranty people Also were you given a peper copy of the warrany contract at the time or are you expected to look it up online to see what you have bought? if the letter it is very likely to be unenforceable so easier to get you money back.