JSA claim not closed properly

brassnecked
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2073 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

resident came to see me as a community Councillor. they are on SSP and are signed off work for at least a month. They put in a claim for UC and so did their partner, and linked the claims. A message came through that he cannot get UC as he is on JSA, strange that as he has been working and up until this potentially long term illness worked and received Tax Credits. from 2012. Turns out that when they closed his JSA they didn't put an end date when they closed the claim so it technically is still live.

Very sloppy form design where it allows a critical field to be left blank on saving. If it isn't sorted by their interviews what redress could be claimed as he will not get UC due to the error?

The problem then is they can't pay rent etc are DWP then liable for any consequential loss if they became homeless as a result?

Is there a data breach as the DWP has been potentially unlawfully processing their data due to not actually claiming JSA?

Is it worth him informing ICO?

SAR under GDPR?

Thoughts team?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

DWP GDPR - IMHO Its a no fly case...

Send a SAR but to get this issue resolved... Also if he did a claim for UC - Did he do it online?

He can raise a formal complaint through the portal and they should come back quite quickly.

HE should be paid back payments for UC due to the DWP Error... From originally claim date + 7 days is where the back payments should start from...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Claim is online DWP still not closed claim, their UC interview is Thursday, has sicknote for a month, and will have another month after that one expires.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Well this issue has been caused by DWP - They should have an end date for JSA - Did the claimaints inform JCP that they had found work?

At that point the DWP / JCP should have entered an end date on the claim for JSA...

UC should override JSA at this point depending on how far its rolled out.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

He signed off JSA in 2012 and has worked ever since until is now off sick with employer paying SSP, they closed the claim without entering an end date in the date field on the screen then saved it with no end date effectively keeping the claim live. He has a recording of a call to JCP where they admitted this.

Have done, also heard the recording, the JCP person didn't seem at all bothered when told that their data entry form is flawed if it can be saved with a mission critical field blank. Will tell them to keep the recording safe and if not resolved by the time they have their interview to raise a complaint and tell them MP and AM will be copied in.

The DWP may still have their own recording of the call. If so then it needs to be listened to on the DWP side...

Also id raise this to the Director General of DWP. It will then filter through their complaints team... I got £50 after they "Lost" payments towards an advance in 2016 due to administration errors and poor service...

Raise a complaint now - Dont hold off as they will take longer to just get this resolved...

They need to go to "Journal" -> "Add Journal Entry" -> Select "Service Issues" From The List

Fill in the text box and it should be referred to the back end staff.

Screenshot_1.png

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks fkofilee, will advise them as you say, and report back when I have more info from them.

BN I have put some Instructions in my last post... Just recently had to go through UC for a small period... So I know how they feel right now :p

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

He signed off JSA in 2012 and has worked ever since until is now off sick with employer paying SSP

I have doubts that he can make a UC claim whilst on SSP. If I'm wrong, please post an update.

I'm not up to date with the shenanigans that is Universal Credit, so the experiences of others will prove to be most valuable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

SSP is sick pay £92 per week, so a UC top up should be OK.

Yey - More reason to be on SSP - Naff all wages...

Im unsure if you can claim UC if you are on SSP? Or can you claim and it just tops them up?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would also expect some form of financial redress for hardship suffered due to maladministration.

As a matter of course they do consider compensation in the complaints process but generally they will need a bit of nudging.

I just send my complaint directly to my MP now and ask them to take the case up on my behalf rather than 1 to MP and 1 to DWP.

He has had a reply to journal, told to take it up with JSA again. If JSA are daft enough to sanction him for no Jobseekers agreements handed in for 6 years for the non claim., it's MP time. DSon't think they would be that silly.

He has had a reply to journal, told to take it up with JSA again. If JSA are daft enough to sanction him for no Jobseekers agreements handed in for 6 years for the non claim., it's MP time. DSon't think they would be that silly.

JSA is part of D Fricking W Fricking P - Just like UC is... They are sending them round in a complete roundabout!

He needs to raise it formally.

Next stage - Raise through the link below.

https://makeacomplaint.dwp.gov.uk/

That link is for UC and JSA...

So duplicate it by raising one under the option for UC and one under the option for JSA if it applies...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks fkofilee will get him to do that in the morning. It is a ludicrous situation, total muppetry for sure. Problem is they are toying with people's lives and wellbeing.

Dopey sods at DWP fuh sure!

UC did a Pilate on him said is all down to JSA for not closing his claim properly. so tough no UC until sorted.

Imagine that... UC tells you to speak to JSA... Go away for 2 seconds - Come back to the same desk and say i need to deal with this issue that occured on JSA...

Right confused people in JCP

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It's crazy, hope they see sense.

They just had a call. Claim now closed as of today.

Really? - How did it come about. Hopefully they can claim JC now properly...

Its really silly what happened :( But good result either way!

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

They told him that when JSA claim was "closed" they saved it without an end date in the date field. effectively leaving the claim live. Told them any issues at interview to start a Formal Complaint with UC.

I would raise a formal complaint to JSA anyway... DWP does have a team who do give financial compensation - I cant remember what they are called but due to this error and the poor service recieved - I would expect them to make a financial gesture.

The End Claimant here has been affected and itll delay their claim.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis