Has anyone won in Small Claims against Royal Mail?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for help with claim against Royal Mail in small claims.

They admitted to losing my 'signed for' package, but then failed to reply further or compensate me.

Four months afterwards, I issued Small Claims writ and they sent me standard letter and standard cheque for compensation two weeks later.

They have put through their defence which from reading other threads is the same they always use, ie:

1. No contract was entered into between parties for the delivery of the parcel (they mention Harold Stephen & Co V's RM 1978 as reference).

2. The defendant has immunity to a claim in tort in respect of the transmission or delivery of post.

Saying they cannot be sued in contract or tort.

I know of one case on here that they lost in the County Court.

However County Court proceedings are not recorded as far as I know.

What I am looking for is any evidence of similar proceedings, a letter explaining the court's reasoning or similar.

If anyone had anything they could redact and post I would be very grateful.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Dealer defeats Royal Mail over compensation policy

https://www.antiquestradegazette.com › News › 2009

ROYAL Mail have lost another court case over their promise to cover losses under their ... Last year the judge at Rhyl County Court sided with Mr Goulborn that 'market ... by a postman whilst he was out,

you were the person who sent the signed for package?

Edited by Andyorch
Posts merged
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

you were the person who sent the signed for package?

Yes I was. Thanks very much for the link, I can't see the article because I'm not a subscriber but maybe I can find it elsewhere.

For reference, the full link to the article in question: https://www.antiquestradegazette.com/news/2009/dealer-defeats-royal-mail-over-compensation-policy/

A word of caution. The claim centred around "the interpretation of the words ‘market value’ – what Royal Mail promise to cover for losses under their ‘Special Delivery Next Day’ or ‘Special Delivery 9.00am’ services". For standard first or second class postings, I think you might have a stiffer fight on your hands.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 6 months later...