Grosvenor threatening locksmiths for unpaid bristols elec bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I moved into a new property on 31st March and despite trying many times to set up the electricity account in my name Bristol Energy just send bills rather than actually setting up payments!

Yesterday I arrived home to a letter from Grosvenor headed:

INTENT TO APPLY FOR WARRANT

They are saying they will come with Police and Locksmiiths if I don't resolve this.

I don't want a payment meter I just want a regular DD and a way to set up a payment plan.

I suffer severe anxiety and now Im scared to go home and find baliffs and locksmiths entering my home.

Any advice?

The letter was dated the 10th but I only received it yesterday (posted the day before) will they have got a warrant already?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Why cant you setup the dd yourself on your banks website

Most can

All you need is your electric account number

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Re-titled

Moved to utilities forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

We really need more information to be able to advise you as you mention.

I don't want a payment meter I just want a regular DD and a way to set up a payment plan.

1. Were you in Arrears to Bristol Energy and how much?

2. If you were in Arrears To Bristol Energy had a Payment Plan previously been in place before this action?

3. Have you received any correspondence from Bristol Energy previous to this action?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi,

I moved into a new property on 31st March and despite trying many times to set up the electricity account in my name Bristol Energy just send bills rather than actually setting up payments!

Yesterday I arrived home to a letter from Grosvenor headed:

INTENT TO APPLY FOR WARRANT

They are saying they will come with Police and Locksmiiths if I don't resolve this.

I suffer severe anxiety and now Im scared to go home and find baliffs and locksmiths entering my home.

Any advice?

The letter was dated the 10th but I only received it yesterday (posted the day before) will they have got a warrant already?

Katie

Bristol Energy are a decent small company owned by Bristol City Council.

You manage your own online Bristol Energy account to pay for the usage.

It was always up to you to set up payment.

If you have problems, you can phone their customer services and they will set up a repayment arrangement. They are likely to want a lump sum towards the arrears and then a monthly Direct Debit set up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread