HSBC UK DSAR Non-Compliance (GDPR)

Redmountie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HSBC UK have not complied with my Data Subject Access Request (SAR), submitted under the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).

The DSAR was requested on 16/06/2018 and should have been disclosed by 17/07/2018.

16/06/2018 - Request sent to HSBC UK for DSAR under new GDPR

18/06/2018 - Acknowledgement email received from HSBC UK Customer Care Team

22/06/2018 - Acknowledgement letter received from HSBC UK Data Protection Office

17/07/2018 - Data not received, so contacted HSBC UK who stated that they were not aware of this request and have not even started to gather data for the disclosure

17/07/2018 - Internal complaint made to HSBC UK Customer Complaints Team

18/07/2018 - Complaint made to Data Protection Office and Letter Before Action sent to HSBC UK.

Telephoned Data Protection Office and confirmed that they have received both email and LBA.

When asked for timescales in relation to compliance for my DSAR,

a team manager has advised they don't know and cannot give any timescales.

I have made them aware I will be reporting the non-compliance to the ICO, but they didn't seem at all bothered.

18/07/2018 - Information Compliant Handling Form submitted to ICO

18/07/2018 - Complaint acknowledgement received from ICO

Next steps:

Now waiting for the Data Protection Office to make contact with me to progress DSAR and also waiting for HSBC UK complaints team to pick up the complaint.

No doubt this will be towards the end of the 8 FCA timescales!

Also,

waiting to see if HSBC UK will comply within the 5 working days afforded to them in my LBA.

I very much doubt they will,

due to the large amount of data they will need to gather,

redact and securely send on to me.

Will potentially need to look at submission of a POC for a County Court claim if not.

Submitting a GDPR POC is unchartered territory for me,

so if it comes to that point,

could really do with some help.

Hints/Tips:

Some may already be aware of this, but I was not.

None of the calls received at the HSBC UK Data Protection Office are recorded.

So when I asked for copies of all recordings to their department, they advised me of the above.

Also, HSBC UK Data Protection Office don't advertise or easily give up there email address.

So if you do need to email that team,

you can do so here

[email protected].

It definitely works,

as I have emailed them my LBA and complaint letter and they have received it the next day.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

So HSBC have now sent me the full data disclosure as a result of the LBA. I have still made a complaint to the ICO, asking them to make a statutory assessment as to whether or not HSBC has complied with it’s legal obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation. I am also awaiting the results of their internal complaint process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I had full SAR disclosure from HSBC. Unusually, they responded to my complaint within 3 days, instead of the usual 8 weeks (as per FCA guidelines). HSBC were very keen to resolve the issue at first point of contact. They offered £250 in compensation, which I have now accepted.

I have still submitted a complaint to the ICO, more to make them aware of the non-compliance by HSBC.

Admin/Mods this thread can now be closed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a non_compliance issue With HSBC UK too.. I am currently waiting for reply from the ICO. HSBC have not contacted me further to let me know if they are or are not going to comply to the SAR i filed nearly 3 months ago now..

Has anyone got more information about getting LBA and starting county court action.. I am in Australia right now, and need to organise to get the action taken in the UK...

I have a non_compliance issue With HSBC UK too.. I am currently waiting for reply from the ICO. HSBC have not contacted me further to let me know if they are or are not going to comply to the SAR i filed nearly 3 months ago now..

Has anyone got more information about getting LBA and starting county court action.. I am in Australia right now, and need to organise to get the action taken in the UK...

start your own thread or it may get missed as this thread closed

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: