British Gas/ Lowlifes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Today i have just received a letter from british gas and lowells about my old electritcy at my old address (renting 1 bed flat) dating 24/02/2012 to 28/11/2013.

The debt has been passed on to lowells and outstanding balance of £865.30

Since its along time ago i remember owing some money but completely forgot about it to be honest..the 865 quid has come as a bit of a shock. I have looked at my bank statements and made payments of 200 quid in that period to british gas.

Where do i go from here? Do i ask for a copy of the bills and breakdown of costs? Bury my head in the sand? Or just accept it and agree a repayment plan as i havent got a leg to stand on?

Any advice would be much appriecated.

Who are lowells stated client?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The british gas letter says the account has been transferred to lowell portfolio ltd on the 22/12/2017. British gas has sold the account to lowell

The lowell letter which came with the british gas letter of assignment says lowell portfolio has asked lowell financial ltd to manage your account.

The reason this has come about as last month lowell put a report on my credit file for the 865 quid and i contacted them to find out what the hell it was.

They then had my new address and sent this letter as i was worried about a backdoor ccj.

did you receive a bill at the time?

did you notify them you were moving and give a forwarding address for the final bill.

If they failed to issue a bill then the back billing rules apply and you don t owe a penny.

Start off with a SAR to BG to get copies of whatever they sent at the time and if they say they dont have it then you say back billing rules apply and they had better remove the defaults from your credit reference agency files or risk being sued for huindreds, if not thousands.

get the info first as you can hit Lowlifes with the same

Lowell cant make it magically appear on you credit file

Only the OC can

Was it there before the Lowell entry?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have just found the british gas mark on my credit file on clear score and it says balance is zero. Is this because they sold the account.

On my noddle credit report there is no mentioned of the british gas account just the lowells account.

Thanks

yes £0 = sold..

Defaulted date should be the same

What is it on the bg entry

and they

The zero balance for british gas has no default date on clearscore im afraid 🤔. Clearscore never shows default dates for some reason only account open date and last updated.

On my noddle account the default date for lowlifes is 03/01/2015. As mentioned can not find british gas entry on noddle.

Thanks dx

Nov 2013 last use ...what about last pay?

Sept 2015 defaulted date cannot be right!!

and they

I have sent the SAR request asking for all bills, payments , notice of default and meter readings.

To BG yes??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Never seen a dca do court for a util bill

and they

Never seen a dca do court for a util bill

Times are hard since PAP was introduced...they will buy any old muck now :madgrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread