Change of address, V5, untaxed vehicle

StuartPeek
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2072 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

please has anyone got any advice or experience on my situation?

I moved house a while ago.

Sent off to DVLA to update license and V5 log book.

Licence came back OK.

I overlooked the fact the V5 never turned up, and tax was due in Jan.

Realised the other week I have been driving for 6 months with no tax, as all reminders sent to old address. Immediately sorted the issue and paid DVLA for current tax and £80 fine.

When phoning DVLA, they say I have 3 outstanding fines from DVLA for been identified driving without tax.

First offence is just outside the 6 week period of applying for new address V5.

- How easy/viable is it to contest the first fine?

- Any way of avoiding/ reducing the other fines?

Many thanks!

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Tough one.

You've sorted out current tax and fine. Good.

You could appeal using the fact you sent your licence and v5c off at the same time and use the interpretations act which states that you've put a stamp on it and posted it thru the royal mail system therefore it is deemed served to them and its not your fault that the dvla lose thousands of letters per year

Tough one.

You've sorted out current tax and fine. Good.

You could appeal using the fact you sent your licence and v5c off at the same time and use the interpretations act which states that you've put a stamp on it and posted it thru the royal mail system therefore it is deemed served to them and its not your fault that the dvla lose thousands of letters per year

>Thanks for this, certainly something for me to consider.

Were the licence update and V5 sent in the same envelope? That would certainly be a point worth making.

I would have to do some research, but from memory I think I applied for new licence via the web, and V5 in the post.

Thank you - good feedback though, and I will do some digging!

For those interested in progress on my case;

- telephoned DVLA and spoke with chap who could not see any notes on my case.

- telephoned DVLA on a different number, spoke with a lady who could confirm my appeal letter has been received. An extension to the payment deadline has been applied, but the system does not tell her what that date is.

So now I am in catch 22 situation, that I assume my appeal is being processed, but not sure when the deadline will happen. I have decided to risk waiting for a response before making any payments, which I assume would imply my guilt and I very much doubt DVLA would refund payments if my appeal is accepted.

If I offered this level of customer service like this in my company, I would be sacked.

Yep but you need your customers...they dont :wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread