Discharged Trustdeed & PPI Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2080 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have previously posted on the PPI board but am posting here to see if I can get any more specific details about PPI in relation to a Scottish Trustdeed.

I took out a loan with Egg in 2002 and paid it up normally for about 4 years then entered a trustdeed from 2006 - 2009. I was fully discharged as was my trustee. I also know that my trustee has no interest in reopening my trustdeed in order to recaputure any ppi payments.

I made a PPI Complaint and Egg have admitted it was mis-sold and have offered my a payment.

However they have made a number of deductions from that sum. One is Tax which is fair enough, another is "Less a previous rebate" of £2365 which I never recieved from them and finally they deduct £1850 as a "Final Loan Adjustment" which has been sent to a DCA called Arrow which bought my account in 2011 after my trustdeed was completed.

As far as I am aware the only one who has any potential claim on any PPI payment I might recieve is my old Trustdeed Trustee. If he has no interest then all payment should come to me. I can see from the information that I recieved from Canada Sq as a result of a SAR that they spoke to my trustee who said he had no interest in my PPI payout.

I will write to Canada Square to challenge them on this but can anyone give me any input on what the legality of this might be especially given that this is a Scottish Trustdeed rather than an IVA?

I have tried to seek advice on the legality of this and while most agnecies I have spoke to say they don't think that the bank can do this none really has any experiance of this type of issue.

Has anyone else had a similer issue with PPI and a trustdeed with money being sent to a debt collection agency?