Voluntary Termination (Car) Damage Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit rusty as all my previous financial problems are behind me, anyway

Been paying car finance through a national company (Not subprime) and never missed a payment.

Having reached the 50% mark decided to Voluntary terminate the agreement.

Had no choice due to dodgy knees and needed a vehicle you step into.

Last week received a £600 demand for damages.

Hand on heart small dings and paint chips on a 10-year-old vehicle.

Wrote back asking for an independent report on the vehicle at my expense under the Motor Industry Code of Practice.

They have just responded saying the vehicle has been terminated they do not have to do this and is now at an auction house.

They also go on to say

In regards to the damages I would like to remind you that in the terms and conditions of your higher purchase agreement and the script you was read before you committed to your voluntary termination

you were made fully aware that any damages deemed above fair wear & tear you will be liable to pay for unless you could provide any evidence that would show the damages were either there at the time of purchase or that you are not liable for the damages.

You have unfortunately not provided this evidence.

Please advise me of what damages you are disputing and I will be more than happy to look over the pictures BCA have provided and see what we can do.

Thank you

Any suggestions before I go in feet first, Objectively and respectful of course saying "Frac Off"

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

I think you are completely reasonable in asking for an independent report. Furthermore I think that you should point out that if it is confirmed that they are over estimating the value of the alleged damage, then they would also have to bear the cost of the report. I think you are being overgenerous in offering to pay for it

Agreed

but looking at specific reference sources to hit them with

as like many things ends up letter ping pong otherwise.

Think personally they have already sold the vehicle and are blagging it

It is obvious they are being unreasonable,

Sending an email back putting into their official complaints procedure for a full and final response.

The Regulator if necessary.

As we are talking CCA 1974 take it that will be the OFT??

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

Dont tell me....moneybarn?

Moved to vehicle finance forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update

Put the complaint as to their official complaints procedure in which just received a final response.

They upheld my complaint and out of the goodness of their heart have reduced the bill from £600 to £180

They have neglected yet again my request for an independent inspection. It is obvious they have sold the car already at auction denying my contratual/statutory right. They will find it almost impossible to enforce now. Ex turpi causa non oritur actio.

Does the FOS service still charge to investigate complaints on the creditor and how much?

Comments please people?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just updating as just had a full and final from the Financial Ombudsman

They have sided with the Finance Company.

My beef was that they sold the car at auction without me having the opportunity to have it independently inspected to refute damage claims with fair wear and tear. They have asked me to sign a form that i accept or reject the decision

Response

The car was sold at auction before Mr xxx had complained to xxxxxx Finance -so it was not possible to have the car to be inspected. I am not persuaded that Mr xxx has a contractual or statutory right to have the car independently inspected. And i do not consider XXXXX Finance acted incorrectly in selling the car

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 6:22 PM, obiter dictum said:

Just updating as just had a full and final from the Financial Ombudsman

They have sided with the Finance Company.

My beef was that they sold the car at auction without me having the opportunity to have it independently inspected to refute damage claims with fair wear and tear. They have asked me to sign a form that i accept or reject the decision

Response

The car was sold at auction before Mr xxx had complained to xxxxxx Finance -so it was not possible to have the car to be inspected. I am not persuaded that Mr xxx has a contractual or statutory right to have the car independently inspected. And i do not consider XXXXX Finance acted incorrectly in selling the car

More than likely that was not a response from an Ombudsman but probably from their first tier representative.  You should now request for it to be escalated to an Ombudsman as you disagree with the decision.  We went through this about 18 months ago and the decision was reversed after insisting that an Ombudsman review the case.