CPS Midlands PCN - Where do I stand legally?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I got a PCN from CPS Midlands Ltd, I looked and they are not registered with the BPA (British Parking Association) and they also not registered with the IPC (International Parking Committee). I checked through their members today (17th of July 2018).

I paid £2 initially for parking and got a machine error and the machine did not accept any more change. And it does not accept cards either. I then paid £5 and got my parking ticket which I displayed on my dashboard.

There were two machines at their premises with the same tariff sign next to each. One of their machines were inaccessible as it was fenced off by a building company, hence I used their other machine.

I wrote a complaint to them by signed for post, but they wrote back to me requesting my full details including full name, phone, and e-mail. I believe I do not owe them anything and I believe they are trying to scare me into paying.

This was an interesting read: www parkingcowboys . co . uk / independent-parking-committee, how they can even allow a non-independent investigation (IPC). I read on other forums, I read that IPC does not seem to be a fair association, rejecting all appeals, hence probably they don't want to be transparent www knowyourparkingrights org / News / faq

The following link is also interesting www appealaparkingticket . co . uk / cps-midlands-ltd. But in my case, I am not only totally innocent but I overpaid their parking fees by 40% due to their machine error and this company charged £25 for help so they are not for me.

If anyone knows more about "manage parking on private land knowyourparkingrights . org / News / faq If anyone knows what I am entitled to obtain from CPS Midland Ldt legally and what legal phrases to use to finally get them off my back, please help.

Thanks.

Newmosses seem to have a good success rate.

Best K

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added some spacing/paragraphs

Very strange. They referred to the IPC but they don't actually claim to be affiliated to it. They also say that their registration with the ICO gives them the ability/write to obtain your data from the DVLA. Really?

Also, although they claim to be limited company, they don't display their company details on their website. A bit naughty

Can you complete the relevant parts of this post please, and then paste it back to this thread with your answers :thumb:

And then upload anything that you've received from these clowns (suitably redacted of any personal/identifying information, reference numbers, bar & QR codes of course)

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

They don't actually issue the parking tickets.

They sell packs of everything you need to issue them. Look undr purchase!!

How legal this is I dont know.

Maybe we should all pile round to Alain Huttons house ( managing director) 20 Britannia Avenue, Basford, Nottingham, NG6 0EB

Mind due he might need help with his mortgage as seen as he only bought his house in Aug 2016 for £115,500

All above Info is in the public domain

Are you sure the ticket says penalty charge notice??

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"Are you sure the ticket says penalty charge notice??" -

No, it does not. Stupid me.

Typing mistake, they are a private company and this is a Parking Charge Notice damn it silly me, doh! :).

I need to look if I can somehow edit the title.

even contacting them in the first place was not helpful so dont expect them to do anything other than try and chisel more money out of you. Read about how the POFA is supposed to work and then tell us what you have received so far and what you have said in response.