Letter from DCA regarding traffic violation 4 years ago in Italy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The driver has just received a letter from a solicitor regarding a traffic violation in Italy four years ago.

All the information provided seems correct, i.e dates, type of car name and address of driver.

At first we thought it was a [problem], this is now looking less likely but still possible. What is the best course of action?

The requested amount is €300 from waters&gate

I don't have much of an answer, but I do know that Italy only have 360 days after receiving identification of the driver to notify foreign drivers of the fine.

As they would have only had access to the DVLA records from 2017, they should only have been able to request your details within 12 months of the offence. I'd be inclined to think they're out of time...

Hopefully someone will be able to give you more help on this one as I may be completely wrong.

It always astonishes me how long it takes the Italian authorities to issue traffic fines. In your case, it was 16 months after the offence. According to the Italian Traffic Code, the police have only 360 days after receiving identification of the driver of the vehicle (that is, the date that Hertz handed over your UK address) within which to notify foreign drivers of the fine. This information is provided on the website of European Municipality Outsourcing (EMO)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/italy-speeding-fines-when-to-pay/

http://www.watersandgate.com/services/services-collection/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

It's probably also worth mentioning that the vehicle was a hire car - the hire car company had a copy of the drivers licence which obviously includes name address etc.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...