Apple MacBook Pro 13" 2017 Touchbar

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I purchased a 13" Macbook Pro with touchbar 2017 model from Curry's on 29th June and was assured by the sales rep that Apple had no plans to release a new model this year as it would've been announced at the Apple WWDC earlier that month... To then find out Apple have released a brand new 2018 model on friday. I felt sick to the stomach and feel like I've just wasted all that money on old tech.

I've read numerous reports online that customers who did the same but purchased from Apple within 30 days before the new model being released are being offered a full exchange to the newer model no questions asked. I've read Curry's return policy and know they can be extremely difficult, it says if you've even opened the product they won't take it back unless it's faulty.

Where do I stand? If I'd known they were releasing a brand new (and quite frankly a much faster and improved machine) only 2 weeks later, I would've waited. I feel conned considering it was such a big purchase. What should I do?

Curry's return policy and know they can be extremely difficult, it says if you've even opened the product they won't take it back unless it's faulty.

Where do I stand? If I'd known they were releasing a brand new (and quite frankly a much faster and improved machine) only 2 weeks later, I would've waited. I feel conned considering it was such a big purchase. What should I do?

Unless you can provide evidence of the conversation with Currys sales rep as part of contract arrangement, then I can't see you getting anywhere.

You could write to Currys head office complaining about the sales advice offered by their store sales rep, but I bet the store sales rep will deny they said what you have alleged. Of course a sales rep might know of new models coming into their store in future weeks, but they are not going to advise customers, as otherwise they would not make sales. I am not saying this behaviour should be accepted, as they should have just said they were aware of new models being shipped or they would suggest you check with Apple as to what upgraded models they were releasing.

The other thing with Apple is that they don't always advertise new product upgrade release dates. So the sales rep might have answered you correctly based on their knowledge at the time.

What research did you conduct before you made the purchase ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread