Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tnook Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Employment Tribunal - Discrimination

Hi all,

I was dismissed by my employer for misuse of a corporate credit card.
    I had used it to help with cash flow for moving expenses since my employer wanted me to relocate and the costs were having a drain on my finances.

At the same time I was going through a stressful time at home with the break-up of my marriageicon.
    When I used the card I didn't realise it was considered personal use, since in my mind I was moving for work, and I was eventually dismissed for it.

I've been seeing my GP for over a year with stress and anxiety and I think my decision to use the card was clouded by my mental health issues and inhibited decision making. My GP has diagnosed me with an anxiety disorder.

I've submitted my ET1 claim formicon for discrimination due to disability - mental health.
    I had disclosed to my employer several times the impact the move and the finances were having on me and they took no note and made no reasonable adjustments.

The employer has hired a solicitor and they have submitted their ET3 defence and have asked the preliminary hearing is postponed and re-listed from a Case Management hearing to an Open Preliminary Hearing.

They deny that I was a disabled person within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act at the time of alleged discriminatory treatment.

They want the hearing to consider the issue of whether I am a disabled person within the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act at the time of alleged discriminatory treatment.

They also request the Tribunal make the following orders in advance of the Open Preliminary Hearing:

∑ Claimant to provide an impact statement
    ∑ Claimant to provide copies of his medical records
    ∑ Respondent to confirm whether a Join Medical Expert report is required

I need to firm up my argument that I am disabled under the meaning of section 6 of the Equality Act.
    My GP has diagnosed an anxiety disorder, but I am wondering what else I need to prepare for the examination by the respondents solicitor.
    I can provide examples of the everyday activities that are impaired and have a diary of these event going back many months.

Also can someone tell me what the impact statement is I will be ordered to prepare?

I tried to get a solicitor but can't afford one, so have to represent myself.

Thanks for your help.

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: Employment Tribunal - Discrimination

Generally you need to show significant daily impact - that is what you describe in the impact statement - and that it is likely to go on for a long time, usually a year or more. So a lot of medical evidence, not just a generalist gp report, needed. Turning up to work instead of recognising you were too unwell to be there sadly doesnít help .

If you arenít sure you are in that category I would have a good think about the best way to avoid a reference citing fraudulent use of a credit card. The importance of that may depend on your line of work.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    tnook Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: Employment Tribunal - Discrimination

Thanks!!! That is a great document. Very interesting read.

I am seeing my GP in a couple days to get a letter for the preliminary hearing.

Any help with the statement would be greatly appreciated.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details