Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    henryallen Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default Resolve doorstep collection

My stepson left the house seven years ago.

He had numerous debts.
    Since then I have had a long battle with various debt collectionicon companies etc.
    I am sure you know what I mean constant telephone callsicon, letters etc.
    i actually won an out of court settlement with one company and have stopped all the rest sending letters or ringing.

Today I got knock on the door.
    A man was there and stated he was from"RESOLVE".

I asked to see his I.D which was refused.
    He then asked to speak to...............asking if he lived here.

I simply stated it was none of his business and he was to remove himself from my property.
    If he did not I would ring the police.

He then went to the house next door and started asking questions concerning my stepson etc.
    LOL my next door neighbour was not as polite as me and told him to Foxtrot Oscar.
    He then left the street.

This came out of the blue.
    There was no threatening warning letter, no telephone calls.
    he would not even give the full name of the company.

As any one had the same experience with this company?

Secondly How do I make a complaint when I am not 100% which company it is.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Resolve doorstep collection

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=part...&sa=Search+CAG

the letters probably went to an old address

you need to complaint to the FCA about them going to your neighbours that is not allowed..

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    henryallen Novitiate

I have lived here for 35 years, the debt was not mine. Why come to my address if the letters where sent to another.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

So no-one you knew then?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    henryallen Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    So no-one you knew then?
    It was my stepson who had not lived at this address for seven years. My stepson is 26. I am 65 and he asked me if I was the man he was after!

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

" he asked me if I was the man he was after! "

Must think hes in the Wild West

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

I get calls for someone who has never lived at my address but told a company theyowed money to they did (this was before I moved in) Got a visit yesterday and as soon as they said am I Mrs XXXXXXX, I just said "hello [problem]mer" very loudly and they turned on their heels and left. Never asked where they were from, wouldnt matter anyways.

Basic Account Holder
    henryallen Novitiate

[QUOTE=Andyorch;5134681]" he asked me if I was the man he was after! "

Must think hes in the Wild West [/QUOTE

I was in doubt that he was a cowboy....lol...Even had the cheek to question my neighbor in front of me! I did point out what he was doing was illegal. Did not bother him.

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

It doesn't bother these cowboy outfits, they make the law up as they go along.

A definite complaint to be made to the FCA, and I'd possibly make one to my local cop shop too!

Something along the lines of, some scruffy oik rang my door bell, said he was from some company called Resolvecall, but when asked to do so failed to produce any ID, then went to the neighbour, is this something I should be worried about??

One call from PC Plod will get this clown his P45.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details