Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    roberts73 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Exclamation 1st comms = Demand for payment - unpaid PCN - Brighton Met College - ANPR

Hi

Received letter from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) to pay 160 for unpaid PCN from 14.4.18.

I've never received a PCN from UK Car Park Management Ltd before, so this is the 1st time I've seen anything!

Just called DRP to get more info - they have photos, say I exceeded maximum stay (or may not have paid).

I remember being surprised on the day that it has changed at Brighton Met College to the new system, lots of people that day had confusion, couldn't pay by phone (there's no cash option) or was told carpark full, which it clearly wasn't.

I have phone record on that day, but that's all but think we may have had similar situation where it said full and we put notice in the windscreen to say this.

They asked if I moved recently - I did in Oct, but did update my address with DVLA, etc. Again this is the 1st I'm hearing from them.

They just said on the phone I have no right to appeal or dispute, to pay 160 or further action!

Any advice would be appreciated
    - should I ignoreicon,
    should I contact UK Car Park Management directly instead...?
    Many thanks,

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: 1st comms = Demand for payment - unpaid PCN - Brighton Met College - ANPR

you should NEVER EVER ring these people.

please complete this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    roberts73 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default Re: 1st comms = Demand for payment - unpaid PCN - Brighton Met College - ANPR

What do you mean by 'please complete this'?

Basic Account Holder
    Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick Informative Gick's Avatar

Cagger since : Jul 2011

DX forgot to add the link!

here it is. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...-Viewing)-nbsp

Copy into a word document and add your answers, either in bold or a contrasting colour, then copy and paste into the reply box under the thread.

The reason for the answers is that it assists those experts wishing to help you to assess the situation and advise specifically to your case.

It is also well worth reading other PPC threads to get a feeling for how these things work.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.
    I have no legal qualifications.
    If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the star. Thank you
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

this is the second thread about this site and probably for the same date as well.

Read the postings on the other thread and tell us what is different.

Also read up about DCAicon's and the legality of adding unicorn food tax to a charge that is governed by an Act of Parliament and you will soon see that you are being told a fairy tale by DR+

No pCN from the parking co?
    well, they wont get very far demanding money then will they.

What I would do is ask the DVLA who accessed your details and what reason was given at the time
    you need to know the date of the request for keeper details as well as these people have certain time frames that must be obeyed.

Also, why were you there at Brighton Met? You may have a good reason to rip into them

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Cagger since : Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by roberts73 View Post
    They just said on the phone I have no right to appeal or dispute, to pay 160 or further action!
    Ooh, options! It's always nice when you get choices

I'll take "Further Action" please

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details