Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Sallop Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default lowell and old Vanquis debt - i've sent your Prove it letter - no response??

I have sent a prove it letter to Lowell recorded delivery for a debt i apparently had with provident, Which was then passed to a company called vanquis bank.

I have no recollection of this debt i have however in the past had provident loans but all are settled and show as settled on credit file.

This one however isn't even on my credit file for me to view.

Im just wondering if someone can advise what sort of response i should accept from lowell as in what information they have to provide.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Prove it letter to Lowell

Waste of time

Send a CCA Requesticon

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

Should i wait for a response from the " prove it letter " or send the cca as an additional one? Sorry I'm kinda new to this and don't understand it very well

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

how long ago does this supposed debt emanate? If you havent acknowledged it for the past 6 yearsicon it will be dead in the water anyways. Not being on your credit files suggests that may well be the case

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

Default Re: lowell and old Vanquis debt - i've sent your Prove it letter - no response??

I have no idea to be honest. Suppose i will just await to see how they respond. Thank you.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Default Re: lowell and old Vanquis debt - i've sent your Prove it letter - no response??

Vanquis are provident
    So you had a vanquis credit card then?
    Lowell should have quoted the 16 digit number on the right hand box yes?

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

I have never had a vanquis credit card. I have had provident in the past but i paid it all. The letter i received was from lowell... it says formal notice of my.outstanding provident credit limit account owned by vanquis bank ltd was sold to lowell. Only a lowell ref number 9 digits

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

The 16 digit reference is actually on the accompanying letter from vanquis advising me the debt has been sold. It isn't a small debt and im pretty sure i would remember not paying such a large amount of money back.

Go ring vanquis and ask about it
    Have you moved in recent times?
    Did you utilise mail forwarding?

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

Yes all mail was forwarded to my address i moved 4 years ago.

So mail after the fwd still went elsewhere
    Thinking about ID theft here?

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

To be completely honest with you there may be a possibility it was my ex husband but of course its difficult to prove.

I work full time and was never home when the mail got delivered it has only been this year a few things have come to light since ive been receiving the mail

. I'm well aware there is nothing i can do if this is the case and id have no choice but to pay being as its in my name.

Id obviously just like to make sure i receive all the relevant information about when and how the money owed came about if that makes sense.

Yes ofcourse
    Still no harm in ring vanquis
    Wouldnt hurt to sa r them either

Probably an on line sign up too i bet

CCA to Lowell is a must

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

I will send a cca from the link you provided. but im unsure what a SARicon is?

Obviously i have never been in this situation

im not even sure what the correct response from any company should be.

Sorry if i sound dumb.

But thanks for all your help.

No thats fine.
    Click SARicon and read it..is the best way..
    You are in the info gathering stage
    In case they escalate things

But just remember a DCAicon is not a bailiff!!
    They have zero legal powers

Basic Account Holder
    Sallop Novitiate

Thanks very much for your help i really.appreciate it. I understand they arent baliffs but obviously don't want to risk getting a ccj either. My credit file has always been good and wouldn't like anything to effect it if i can help it.

that's why you are sending the CCA Requesticon
    so they cant get a backdoor CCJ

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details