Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    RRRobbo Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default NHS Prescription Penalty Fine

I have just fallen foul of this myself.

Pretty much my own fault, but the outcome is harsh.
    I thought I had signed up for a PPC to run via DDicon, but it turns out I just bought a 3 month.

I was going through a befuddled time - hence the need for medication.
    I was told it would make things easier so I guess I just took that at face value and stopped worrying about it. The pharmacy never checked mt validity,

7 months later I get a penalty notice for 88 for non-payment 4 months ago.
    Having discussed with the NHS, I have the option to backdate a PPC 1 month so I can stop worrying about one of the four other unpaid months (ironically, I just stopped taking one of my two meds so the PPC is actually no longer financially helpful).

Apart from that, they can do nothing about the other 3 months.
    I just have to wait and see if I get randomly picked out on the checks.
    I wanted to pay for these, even at full price, but no can do.

maybe I picked the wrong time to drop my anxiety med, as this is causing me some concern. It's not just the money, its the sanity of the whole thing.

What if they were 12 months behind on checking?
    I would be staring down a potential 4 figure fine over a 12 month period, each month containing the expectancy of another letter fine-bomb.

This kind of thing is enough to bring on further anxiety issues and the need for further NHS help!

I cannot pay for the ones I missed, they are actually missing the money for those.
    if I don't get randomly picked for the other months, they get nothing.

This at a time when they are desperate for money.

Yes, I understand it is my responsibility, but those that spout this kind of reaction need to put themselves in the same position and be a bit more empathetic. Negligence of some sort happens to us all at times I am sure, especially when we are not feeling too great about life.

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: NHS Prescription Penalty Fine

Own thread created..please continue to post here.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Will Goodfellow Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2018

Default Re: NHS Prescription Penalty Fine

Quote Originally Posted by RRRobbo View Post
    The pharmacy never checked mt validity,

7 months later I get a penalty notice for 88 for non-payment 4 months ago.

You can appeal the PCN here if you meet the grounds to appeal;

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/challenge-...-charge-notice

Quote Originally Posted by RRRobbo View Post
    What if they were 12 months behind on checking?
    I would be staring down a potential 4 figure fine over a 12 month period, each month containing the expectancy of another letter fine-bomb.

Yes, that can and does happen.

Also check if you qualify for the NHS Low Income Scheme;

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-low-income-scheme

If so, you may be able to claim backdated prescription costs within the last three months by filling out an HC5 form.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details