Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Tammie Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2014

Default insurance trebled with replacement car

Trying to add a replacement car to my car insurance as previous written off-no fault of mine..other driver went into me whilst I was stationery.
    Case still open.

I need to insure a replacement car but my insurance has advised I have to register this incident as my fault until case concluded.
    Apparently both parties have to register same on insurance until case concluded.
    Can anyone advise how I can get a car insured without trebling my premium..

Gold Account Holder Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger Highly informative Old Cogger's Avatar

Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default Re: insurance trebled with replacement car

they are correct - happened to many of us, no rebates once sorted!

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

any idea how long it will take to settle? there are insurers that will cover you on a monthly or even mileage basis but it isnt cheap compared to an annual premium so if only for a month then might be worth considering.

Basic Account Holder
    Tammie Novitiate

No idea as yet how long to settle. My solicitor dealing with it. Jut about to send witness statements and photographic evidence as third party have none and claim not their fault.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

When sorted, fit a dashcam to your new motor before even starting it.

Basic Account Holder
    Tammie Novitiate

king12345 yes I need one definitely. I was able though to take photos at the scene and I have witness statement

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details