Repair of Faulty Washing Machine

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter purchased a new washing machine in Dec 17 form a major high street retailer.

It has stopped working.

She reported it for repair 11 days ago and they are still not sure when they are going to get the parts and affect the repair.

I have checked the T&Cs of both the retailer and manufacturer, both explain that she is entitled to repair in a reasonable time frame but neither explain what that length of time is.

My daughter has a household of 5 and is really struggling.

The closest launderette is 7 miles away and it is costing her a lot in both petrol and launderette costs.

Can anyone explain what a "reasonable time frame" is.

And what my daughter should do once that time has elapsed.

Hello welcome to CAG.

I personally would be ringing Trading standards, and asking them, plus I'd be looking at having a replacement rather than repair, although it does fall outside of the 6 months 'faulty from the beginning' criteria, it is only just?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am quite sure that 10 days is easily a reasonable time.

Please will you tell us who the seller is and also maybe you can tell us something about the machine – make and model et cetera.

Have you done this in writing or on the telephone? Have you read our customer services guide?

how near is the store you purchased it from? I would be minded to phone that branch and tell them that you are turning up with a broken washing machine and you will leaver it in their store with a big sign on it explaining everything so all their customers know that it isnt just dumped there.

If you want help with this then you will need to engage with this thread

• 3 months later...