Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    seftonbarn Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default Repair of Faulty Washing Machine

My daughter purchased a new washing machine in Dec 17 form a major high street retailer.
    It has stopped working.

She reported it for repair 11 days ago and they are still not sure when they are going to get the parts and affect the repair.
    I have checked the T&Cs of both the retailer and manufacturer, both explain that she is entitled to repair in a reasonable time frame but neither explain what that length of time is.

My daughter has a household of 5 and is really struggling.
    The closest launderette is 7 miles away and it is costing her a lot in both petrol and launderette costs.

Can anyone explain what a "reasonable time frame" is.
    And what my daughter should do once that time has elapsed.

Royalties Account Holder Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo Authoritative Bazooka Boo's Avatar

Cagger since : Feb 2008

Blog Entries

Default Re: Repair of Faulty Washing Machine

Hello welcome to CAGicon.

I personally would be ringing Trading standards, and asking them, plus I'd be looking at having a replacement rather than repair, although it does fall outside of the 6 months 'faulty from the beginning' criteria, it is only just?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    seftonbarn Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2018

Thanks for your swift response.

But do you know what is deemed to be a reasonable time frame for the repair.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

I am quite sure that 10 days is easily a reasonable time.

Please will you tell us who the seller is and also maybe you can tell us something about the machine – make and model et cetera.

Have you done this in writing or on the telephone? Have you read our customer servicesicon guide?

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

how near is the store you purchased it from? I would be minded to phone that branch and tell them that you are turning up with a broken washing machine and you will leaver it in their store with a big sign on it explaining everything so all their customers know that it isnt just dumped there.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

If you want help with this then you will need to engage with this threadicon

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details