Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2008

Default Welcome Finance / Barclays Assist

Hi all,
    I've been showing a friend all the help I've been given over the years on here and forgot I had a HFC Loan
    - so I'm firing off the SARicon to HSBC today..

It kind of jogged my memory about another loan I had.
    This was something called a Barclays Assist loan and was a loan through Welcome Finance/Barclays.

I can not find any paperwork and I don't know whom I should contact seeing as WF are no more.
    Any suggestions on contact details or anyone come across the Barclays Assist before?

Default Re: Welcome Finance / Barclays Assist

Not sure about welcome and Barclays running together??

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Just found a very old Credit report from 2009 - "BARCLAYS ASSIST PROGRESSIVE FINANCIAL SERVICES LTD, MERE WAY, RUDDINGTON FIELDS
    BUSINESS PARK, RUDDINGTON, NOTTINGHAM, NG11 6NZ"
    Taken out 07/10/2003 , Company name: BARCLAYS ASSIST --- 129 @24mths

I cant see this existing anymore at the address above - so unsure as where to turn to..

so progressive finance = welcome...same address

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=part...&sa=Search+CAG

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

WF are still going SARicon to them

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Excellent.
    I came across a site saying the WF/progressive had gone into administration. FSCS org or something...
    Do you know if it is the same.address and is it WF or Progressive.
    Sorry for the questions, I'm.unclear with the WF/PFS/Cattel - just know they went by loads of different names

when was this opened:
    for the address read the link in post 4

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Back in 2003.
    Thanks.

good so that will be welcome and you'd get the PPIicon back directly from then without going through the FSCS as it was too early for them.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Will get the SARicon off first thing.

I do remember that when I tried to get credit report updated as they hadn't updated it despite me paying off the loan,
    they couldn't find any information such as the credit
    as they didn't know who was responsible for the assist loan
    (welcome/progressive or Barclays)

smoke screen!!

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Update.
    received a lettericon today stating despite our best efforts we have been unable to locate an account relating to your details.
    If you have a copy of the credit agreement please let us know and we will look into it further.

I guess I'm out of luck on this one, as I know it was WF who sold it, as I had to contact them to get the entry removed from the credit report.

Infact I remember that Howard Cohen took ownership of the account at one stage as WF said I had not paid, yet provided all proofs to Howard Cohen, then account was closed.

Is Howard Cohen still trading - as I could get the details from them..

part of lowells group
    why not SARicon them its free now

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Who Lowell's or WF?

cohen!!

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Sorry DX slightly confused.
    If Howard Cohen are no more/taken over by Lowell then wouldn't it be Lowell to contact? If so I had a SARicon a last year with Lowell a d there was no mention of anything to do with WF or Cohen

If it is still Cohen I need to SAR is it still the Leeds address at Hanover Walk?

cohen were always lowells, they are now Lowell solicitors
    surprised the SARicon didn't reveal anything then.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I rang them aswell this afternoon and have only got details of 4 closed/settled account none of these being WF

seems like you had the same issues in 2009.

cant see how you can move this fwd as the lack of information now stems almost +10yrs

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Oh well it was with a try.
    Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details