Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    jamie0035 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jun 2018

Default Swift Advances possession order stopped by Judge

Hi All,

I have recently (in the last two days) been subject to a second hearing for possession of my home by Swift Advances. We've had two hearings.

First hearing the CC judge ordered that we investigate the excessive interest on our account and get clear explanation from Swift as to why they have charged an account management fee every month since the year 2007 to date--totalling 5267.00.

We investigated to the best of our affordability to no avail.
    However, Swift advances made a statement over the phone to me (i quote) "We at Swift will never charge you a fee as long as you make a payment on the account" this obviously is not the case.

The judge at this first hearing was utterly confused how a 31000 loan can now be worth 52000 even after paying monthly for the best part of the last 10 years.

She challenged Swift's Solicitor asking him how they can justify a loan that can never be paid back within the remaining terms...he had no comment.
    Hence her adjourning the case for 30 days to allow us to investigate.

Second hearing the judge still not satisfied with our investigation into the charges and the lack of knowledge of the charges from Swifts solicitor...has DENIED their possession order against us.
    Stating it was unfair on their part.

We have now contacted the fosicon with the case and are seeking further legal advice to hopefully get all the charges rescinded.

You never know they may even force the close of the loan due to swift advances treating us unfairly in accordance with COBSicon.

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sgtbush Novitiate sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Re: Swift Advances possession order stopped by Judge

It sounds like a victory to me!
    I love it when judges put stupid solicitors in there place

Basic Account Holder
    jamie0035 Novitiate

Exactly

Site Team Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn Highly authoritative Ell-enn's Avatar

Cagger since : Aug 2007

Well done great news

Help us to keep on helping
    Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.
    Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

This is why its so important to bring any unlawful fees into play asap in a case

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    basildonbond1946 Novitiate

Cagger since : Mar 2017

At last a knowledgeable DJ that questioned the make up of the alleged debt

. The legal profession is a cosy little cartel where no one rocks the boat but they have to listen to a Dj.

We can but hope that these Financial Parasites get thier asses kicked by other DJ when they claim extortionate amounts

Basic Account Holder
    meellis Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2011

Congrats, sounds as though you have a decent judge.
    To go forward I believe you might be in a position to look at clause L in the terms and conditions on your agreement.

If you could post up what exactly your terms say we could then go through what it states and then people can give a view on how they read it.

I am hoping you have the same agreement as me and most others who have unregulated loans with this company.
    Term L should be concerning the application of charges and they are on the reverse or second page of the agreement.

Basic Account Holder
    jamie0035 Novitiate

Thanks will look into that

Basic Account Holder
    meellis Novitiate

Cagger since : Sep 2011

Evening Jamie, have you looked into your agreement and have you anything further to report on how your case is going?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details