Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2012

Default Unknown Financial connection

I have been checking my credit files mainly Noodle and Clearscore but have found out that I have a financial connection on my account to someone I have never heard of on my Clearscore account.

I sent in a dispute and realised that this is connected to Equifax. They did not answer my dispute when I informed them that I do not know the individual which is highlighted as connected to me and asked how he is on my account when he does not appear anywhere else. My response to this was a PDFicon of my credit file showing his name as a financial connection which I was already aware of.

Is there anyway I can get this removed as I have never heard of the person on my credit file?

Default Re: Unknown Financial connection

you ideally need to complain to the financial institution that registered the association..

rarely does complaining to the CRAicon provider get anywhere but blank faces...

Attached Files Attached Files
    PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Thank you for your reply however as it does not state who registered the association, how can I find out this information?

try some of the other free providers
    some do some don't

noddle etc.

have you got the Equifax report

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

The financial connection is on Clearscore which is run by Equifax but it is not on my Noodle report. How can this be on one report and not another?

Because not all companies use all 3 agencies...
    Go direct to Equifax and query it or thru Clearscore...

It will say who the source of the data is...

Basic Account Holder

I have queried this through Clearscore and I received a response from Equifax which was not even a proper response. I have messaged them again requesting a proper response.

What was their response.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Problem is you have to get the person connected to sign and agree a disassociation entry....therefore you have to prove its Clearscores error.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Renegadeimp..equifax didn't actually send me a response. They just sent me a PDFicon of my credit file which i didn't ask for.

Andy..it is clearscores fault but how can i contact someone i dont know?

You cant...as said its their error...they must correct it.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Go get a stat report from Equifax... Clearscore only display Equifax's information... It would be doubtful that Clearscore have associated you with another person...
    Come back and let us know... I have also had this exact thing happen to a couple of family members.

Basic Account Holder

Although I have viewed my credit report, I have also now requested the stat report.