Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    swifties Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2014

Default Npower has put a charge on my property

Ive been in a dispute with npower for a few years now ever since they stopped us paying by standing order saying it was no longer available

wilko and chapman (npower soliciters) have taken me to court which ive never known about and it looks like they have put a charge on my property because attached to their letter is the deeds to my house.

I owe them 4000 and the only reason its that high is because they wanted me to pay 250 a month which i simply cant afford

they tried the " we are going to fit a meter through the courts" which was declined due to 3 members of family having asthma.

I really have no knowledge of this going to court

am worried sick

can anyone help me.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Npower has put a charge on my property

Why didnt you get any of the numerous court letters??

Have you moved??

Basic Account Holder
    swifties Novitiate

Nope not moved lived here 17yrs

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

have you checked your credit file to see if a CCJ is registered?

Basic Account Holder
    swifties Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    have you checked your credit file to see if a CCJ is registered?
    I haven't yet no but that's next on my list

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

" and it looks like they have put a charge on my property because attached to their letter is the deeds to my house."

But have you actually checked with The Land Registry ?

The Land Registry must inform you of an Interim Charging Order......if they have not and you have not received any court claim (you have checked you have a CCJ on your credit files ?)

You can only take their word for it...without actually checking anything yourself.

Andy

Gold Account Holder Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative Surfer01 Authoritative

Cagger since : May 2006

Quote Originally Posted by swifties View Post
    Ive been in a dispute with npower for a few years now ever since they stopped us paying by standing order saying it was no longer available
    Can you prove that you tried to pay them by any other means i.e. cheque?
    I am sure that a standing order can only be cancelled by yourself and not Npower?

Also with most banks as you are in control of a SO,
    the account holder can alter the amount to be paid on a standing order
    so you could have lowered it yourself down to a more manageable figure

Even if the SO was cancelled,
    what happened with the money for the utility as surely you would have kept some money aside as you would have known that you would need to pay for electric at some point?

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details