Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default SIP Windscreen PCN - Not parked in marked bay - Tariff Street, Manchester

Hi guys, I've been advised by a friend to come on here after i received a parking chargeicon notice this afternoon.

I was parked incorrectly,
    however to get into that space i had to drive through a narrow gap & swing the car into the space.

As you can see from the attached pictures,
    it is not possible for another car to park besides mine,
    due to the the vehicles parked across the front of the car park.

Do i pay the the 35 fine within 24hours or appeal?
    If appeal gets rejected then its 60!

Many thanks.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Follows
    Following

Default Re: SIP Windscreen PCN - Not parked in marked bay - Tariff Street, Manchester

Who issued the ticket please?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: SIP Windscreen PCN - Not parked in marked bay - Tariff Street, Manchester

Sorry SIP, it was attached to the windscreen when i returned.

Then its not a fine!!
    Where do they say that?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

I have attached the ticket below & many thanks for your replies.

1 The date of infringement[s]? Weds 11th July 2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] N

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it,
    suitably redacted. [as a PDFicon- follow the uploadicon guide <<clickme]

has there been a response?
    please post it up as well, suitably redacted. [as a PDFicon- follow the upload guide]

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] No
    what date is on it
    Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?]

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK,
    did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? SIP

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Tariff Street, Manchester

Attached Images Attached Images

Ha ha ha, silly SIP.... If this is local to you, can you get photographs of their signage?

Either way, DO NOTHING, wait for them to spend some money and get the keeper details and send you the NTK.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!
    HOW DO I START A NEW THREAD?

Follows
    Following

Default Re: SIP Windscreen PCN - Not parked in marked bay - Tariff Street, Manchester

The ntk must arrive within 29 - 56 days

Coneback then

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Default Re: SIP Windscreen PCN - Not parked in marked bay - Tariff Street, Manchester

ignoreicon their silly timeline. Its to try and bluff you so you dont wait for the NTK, and they have a much easier time chasing you. Wait for that NTK which must arrive within a set timeframe. And thats a good few weeks away yet. Even if you are tempted, do NOT do anything until you get that NTK.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

Never thought of using forward and reverse for maneuvering in to a bay?

Now, what does the signage at the site say about parking in the bays? the space next to your vehicle is not a parking bay so you can never cause a loss to the landlord or inconvenience to other users and that makes a lot of difference when it comes to assessing whether a contract has been breached or not. The devil is in the detail though so the wording on the offer of parking will make or break this demand. Generally there are other errors and omissions and generally SIP cant write a simple letter so that is why you wait, let them screw things up. you now have a while to get the pictures of the signage and pictures of the entrance to the land from the public highway, whether there are signs there or not

Also, the claim for breach is NOT IN MARKED BAY. that must match a condition on their signage and you clearly are in a marked bay, if they want to be pedantic you may even be in 2 marked bays which must be better than just one depending on what the signs say.
    The reality is they rely on nit picking to chisel money out of the motorist and this is just an example of that.

Hi
    This case
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u...=1#post5120868

is slightly ahead of yours so have a good read as there is a lot of info there.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.
    Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor
    Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE
    Follows
    Following