• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
    • Hi DX - quick question, what is the bank likely to do when they get my letter of change of address ? also what is the worst they can do? thanks J1L
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Petty joint theft in Primark - approximately £135

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2084 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

as embarrassing as this is too say,

I’m in the same position as you.

the police weren’t contacted and I didn’t sign anything/take photos that said I consent to my details being shared to the police etc and I wasn’t told they’d get involved.

I wanted to know if you’ve gotten an invite from them yet?

Also I think I’m gonna pay my fine cause I don’t want the hassle of receiving the letters and having a family member see them;

have you received lots of letters?

Edited by Girlz
Typing error

Hi Girlz

I can understand why you have asked here but it would be better if you start your own thread to get advice.

You are going to pay what fine and from who?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The fee comes from RLP specifically and that’s what the original person said they weren’t going to pay;

I just wanted to know on this thread what ignoring the letters are like and if they got an invitation from the police.

I may start my own later though,

thanks

it is NOT A FINE!!!

please start your OWN thread

click this link...start a new thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and will be moved to your thread and answered when you start it..

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Before anyone starts,

I know what I done was wrong and I’m fortunate to have not had the police called on me at the time.

My friend and I colluded together to steal approximately £135 worth of goods from primark (I know, why primark

the situation was dealt with quickly after we were caught and we were advised to pay the cost RLP state in the letter we will receive in 3 weeks.

We intend to do so,

as we want the situation to go away and don’t want to the run the risk of family members seeing these letters.

I have several questions;

1. Can anyone in a similar situation give me an estimated amour RLP will state?

2. Will this cost be split between my friend and I or will it be individually?

. Will the police be contacted, and will I receive and invite of sorts to go to the station?

4. Is there anyway we can negotiate a reduction in the costs from RLP?

5. For anyone who chose to ignore the letters and NOT tell their family, was it stressful?

Like I said,

this was a stupid choice on both our parts and I will never repeat it again

- by paying for this fee,

I could’ve have literally bought all what I tried to steal.

Edited by Girlz

Before anyone starts,

I know what I done was wrong and I’m fortunate to have not had the police called on me at the time.

My friend and I colluded together to steal approximately £135 worth of goods from primark (I know, why primark)

the situation was dealt with quickly after we were caught and we were advised to pay the cost RLP state in the letter we will receive in 3 weeks.

We intend to do so,

as we want the situation to go away and don’t want to the run the risk of family members seeing these letters.

I have several questions;

1. Can anyone in a similar situation give me an estimated amour RLP will state? ignore

2. Will this cost be split between my friend and I or will it be individually? ignore

. Will the police be contacted, and will I receive and invite of sorts to go to the station? NOPE

4. Is there anyway we can negotiate a reduction in the costs from RLP? ignore

5. For anyone who chose to ignore the letters and NOT tell their family, was it stressful? nope

Like I said,

this was a stupid choice on both our parts and I will never repeat it again

- by paying for this fee,

I could’ve have literally bought all what I tried to steal.

as above

and they

just read a few threads here where I've moved your thread too

you'll soon get the idea

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?236-Retail-loss-Prevention-Other-shoplifting-allegations.

and they

My friend and I colluded together to steal approximately £135 worth of goods from primark (I know, why primark)

No. Its Why steal. Not why primark.

regardless, ignore RLP. Even the police association said for RLP to stop saying they are part of what they do.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi

You are damn lucky the police were not involved. I would have done so nevertheless, you must stop stealing as the next time you may not be so lucky and screw your future with a criminal record.

Just for clarity, are you over 18.

I understand that RLP use a franking machine to pre pay the postage and this also contains the name of the company so when the letter arrives and someone else picks it up, you may have some explaining to do. RLP are like dogs with bones. Ignoring them will result in more letters so this is what I would do.

Tell your family unless you are in a broken home or where violence is possible. By doing this, you and your family can come here and see just what RLP can do to you. Nothing! As the store got the goods back, there will be no costs for goods stolen but a bill for some figure between £150-200 split equally between the two of you. RLP pass on a percentage of the money they get so the claim that each case costs between £300-500 is laughably wrong as the store only gets between 40 & 60% with RLP getting the rest.

It is CAGs policy that we do not condone crime and each case should be dealt with by the police. Also, we don't like RLP as their mantra is to deter shoplifting however, they rely on shoplifting to pay their wages which is wrong.

Your choice whether to pay or not but I would discourage it as they can do nothing. I would get the family involved so that the shame you must have can be shared around.

As for the thread title, did you write that? Petty?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

You must have cleared out their stock room as well to get items costing that much!!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

as it isnt a fine why do you think that paying the amount demanded will settle the matter? Waht will you do if you pay them say £140 and then a week later they send another demand for £95 or even £295, will you pay that as well? The entire point of what we say is that YOU OWE NOTHING TO ANYONE, you cant pay a debt that doesnt exist so they arent obliged to stop pestering you just because you paid them once. The more people realise that RLP arent telling the truth about their operations the quicker the stores hiring them will seek to actually do somehting about theft to reduce it by other means. Yes, you feel guilty and that is good but it also allows RLP to play on those feelings. Think about all of what has been said and then speak to someone if you feel that your family wont be understanding.

No. Its Why steal. Not why primark.

regardless, ignore RLP. Even the police association said for RLP to stop saying they are part of what they do.

Agreed, I meant that not why as in why there and I’m gonna try elsewhere ever again after this incident. It was stupid of me.

You must have cleared out their stock room as well to get items costing that much!!

To be honest no, we just picked up the more expensive items and honestly got carried away cause we thought we were getting away with it.

Yes I’m over 18 and wrote the title cause it was petty as in stupid and reckless of us. My aim to pay is to not tell my family and not have a letter accidentally opened; I honestly have not intention of doing that as these are my actions alone to deal with therefore whatever consequences there are, I’ll deal with it. Thanks for the informative reply though and I will ask RLP what happens after we pay (if we do cause you never know we may not in the end)

I can tell you exactly what will happen if you pay. Nothing. The same as if you don't pay. There is nothing RLP can do to you or your friend apart from sending you letters. Along with everybody here, we say just ignore them. Only Primark can take action against you but they don't. It's not worth their while. They got the stuff back. End of!

So long as you don't be stupid again we will assist.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I will ask RLP what happens after we pay (if we do cause you never know we may not in the end)

They'll rub their hands with glee and mark you down as a mug and will bribe you for money every month.

DON'T PAY THEM a single penny, and certainly don't waste your time ringing them, then again, if you were dumb enough to steal, you're probably dumb enough to pay them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!