Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    moggy491 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2011

Default Re: Reported for having a wee

I do understand that they can be dismissed but can they go straight to final written warning? If they chose not to dismiss (which is what they did) do they not then have to go Verbal, Written, Final written?

Site Team stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2010

If the Conduct/Actions warrant it then yes the employer can go straight to a Final Written Warning same as they can go straight to Gross Misconduct/Instant Dismissal if the Conduct/Actions warrant it.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

How to Start Your Own Thread **CLICK HERE**

Credit Reference Agencies: Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.
    If you wish to check my advice please seek other independent/professional sources.

Be assured that our advice and support is FREE on CAG.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative BazzaS Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2009

You started off talking about events that had happened to you, writing in the first person.

Now you seem to be inquiring about events that have happened to someone else, writing in the third person.

Are these about 2 different people? (in which case why put it in your thread about you), or do you need to get your story straight?.

Basic Account Holder
    moggy491 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by stu007 View Post
    If the Conduct/Actions warrant it then yes the employer can go straight to a Final Written Warning same as they can go straight to Gross Misconduct/Instant Dismissal if the Conduct/Actions warrant it.
    Ok cheers

Site Team stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007 Authoritative stu007's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2010

Could you clarify BazzaS post#43

As I do agree its seems like the question I have answered was asked about someone else.

If this is the case then you really should not ask these in your own thread about your issue as it may confuse any advice so best to start a new threadicon to ask or better still tell the other person to come on CAGicon and ask as it always best to get the information from the individual and not a third party.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

How to Start Your Own Thread **CLICK HERE**

Credit Reference Agencies: Experian Equifax CallCredit noddle<<<<CRA FILE INFO IS HERE<<<<

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.
    If you wish to check my advice please seek other independent/professional sources.

Be assured that our advice and support is FREE on CAG.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

I feel that the op mentioned the 750000 contract because it was thrown in by the manager despite not being related to the wee incident.
    The manager probably said that the directors are already under pressure for the 750000 contract and would not be linient about the op's incident.
    Clarify please.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

it is a byelaw that applies to London taxi drivers. I believe the offence committed by peeing in a private place in view of someone would be outraging public decency. the same law would apply to people kissing on their doorstep, showing pictures of nudes in an art gallery and so on. It is not the act but the perception by an indiviual that is taken into account.
    Will your company lose a £750k contract over this? Seems highly unlikely as it would take longer than this time to undo it but that is not to say that it would have no effect upon such a contract. I reckon that someone is bigging that up to make it easier to come to a certain conclusion and that isnt good news. If the pub was a tenancy it is quite easy to soothe the situation as the tenant really still has to do what they are told by the brewery and that is who holds the strings for this but that also needs your bosses to want to gop down that path.

Quote Originally Posted by moggy491 View Post
    I dont know how true this is but i have been informed there is no law against urinating however there is for public indecency, being in a secluded place out of public view and on private property would not constitute public indecency, only advised of this so dont know how true it is,
    was also advised by my boss that you by law can urinate against your back left wheel, however i would then be closer to the building, in clear view of the public and in the middle of the car park,

Basic Account Holder
    moggy491 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    it is a byelaw that applies to London taxi drivers. I believe the offence committed by peeing in a private place in view of someone would be outraging public decency. the same law would apply to people kissing on their doorstep, showing pictures of nudes in an art gallery and so on. It is not the act but the perception by an indiviual that is taken into account.
    Will your company lose a £750k contract over this? Seems highly unlikely as it would take longer than this time to undo it but that is not to say that it would have no effect upon such a contract. I reckon that someone is bigging that up to make it easier to come to a certain conclusion and that isnt good news. If the pub was a tenancy it is quite easy to soothe the situation as the tenant really still has to do what they are told by the brewery and that is who holds the strings for this but that also needs your bosses to want to gop down that path.

I donít know how this contract situation works, we are a company that do exactly the same as Bidvest, and our customers order as and when however I donít believe they are tied into any contract only that there orders are worth £750.000 a year, but can order from whoever they want as I often go to customers and see other deliveryís taking place and supplying products that I was delivering say a few weeks prior and then i will deliver a few weeks later.

Basic Account Holder
    moggy491 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by stu007 View Post
    Could you clarify BazzaS post#43

As I do agree its seems like the question I have answered was asked about someone else.

If this is the case then you really should not ask these in your own thread about your issue as it may confuse any advice so best to start a new threadicon to ask or better still tell the other person to come on CAGicon and ask as it always best to get the information from the individual and not a third party.
    Sorry it was just an older gent at work asked if I could put the question forward when I was conversating with him about my case.

Basic Account Holder
    Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    it is a byelaw that applies to London taxi drivers. .
    The Law Commission don't think so. Do you have a link to it?

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

It appears as though the parts of the London hackney carriages Acts were repealed in 1976 and 2004

When people lined the Mall fo the queens golden jubilee they were advised to use the cry "in pain in pain in pain" before urinating in public so I assumed that the met police who gave this guidance on telly at least though that it would still apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethel Street View Post
    The Law Commission don't think so. Do you have a link to it?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    sgtbush Novitiate sgtbush Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2012

Conversating???

Basic Account Holder
    Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative Ethel Street Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2011

Well ericsbrother the Law Commission say no such legislation has ever existed. There are loads of on online sites where the claim is made and people have asked for details of the specific legislation but no-one has ever been able to provide it. Can you be more specific?

I can't find the story about what the Met police said at the Queen's jubilee either but even if they did it has nothing to do with legislation for urinating taxi drivers (unless for some reason the Mall crowd was entirely made up of cab drivers?).

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

I'm going to trust the BBC's researchers

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17610820

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

OK to add to that there were a number of bylaws for Hackney carriages under the Police Town Causes Act 1847 and earlier legislation that woud have been repealed by legislation between the 1890's and 1970's so more digging required. Now the other side of this coin is that there is no legislation that specifically bans urination in public, just a number of different laws that talk about indecent exposure, behaviour and so forth.

For the sake of the OP's sanity I will reiterate that it is how the act was perceived by the pub landlady that actually counts rather than any custom and even if it were covered by legislation the employer has its reputation to consider and gross misconduct often includes damaging the good name or reputation of the company so grovelling along with the mitigation is order of the day.

now the company can change the job or route of the Op and then tell the landlady that it has all been sorted and cant happen again etc to give her the impression that you have been dismissed without actually saying that. Is there a chance of being given another round? I am aware that you raised the reason at the beginning but you didnt say what else the co had in mnd for you before this incident

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    moggy491 Novitiate

I deliver in that area twice a week and taking me off that route has already happened but I will be put back on if the contract had gone.
    This incident is not something I would normally do but I still feel I had no choice at that moment and found the best place to go,

I also feel I have the support of my manager and any drastic action would be on the orders of the directors. Once again I thank all for your input and apologies to those that I bit at,

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    GrumpyToSayTheLeast Informative GrumpyToSayTheLeast Informative GrumpyToSayTheLeast Informative GrumpyToSayTheLeast Informative GrumpyToSayTheLeast Informative

Cagger since : Sep 2014

Hope it all works out for you.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details