Reported for having a wee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2083 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I dont know how true this is but i have been informed there is no law against urinating however there is for public indecency, being in a secluded place out of public view and on private property would not constitute public indecency, only advised of this so dont know how true it is,

was also advised by my boss that you by law can urinate against your back left wheel, however i would then be closer to the building, in clear view of the public and in the middle of the car park,

Public indecency” generally refers to acts involving nudity or sexual activity in view of the*public

The owner of the land, being a nember of the public, saw you do this. Therefore public indecency.

Drunk people pee in public, and are often nicked for it.

How about someone comes along and pees on your house doorstep. Are you going to be happy?

Probably a breach of company policy.

It is a criminal offence.

Very likely put a high value company contract at risk.

Id expect a disciplinary and maybe gross misconduct.

No matter how many excuses you make, this is NOT acceptable.

If you were having these problems, you should not have gone to work unless you had the facility to pee with you. Like a pee bottle etc like you get in the hospitals. They make travel ones you can get in a docs surgery.

Even if a doc signs you off with weak bladder, it does not give you carte Blanche to **** all over someones land.

Its a pub, maybe families with kids go there. If i owned it, i would be getting a cleaning company in to remove the risk of disease and send you/the company the bill.

If i was you, i would get over yourself and stop making excuses. Live with the consequences. I do hope you keep your job but i wouldnt hold my breath.

And remember, we are not here to please you, we are here to offer OUR 2 pennies worth. If you dont like those 2 pennies, ignore it.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was also advised by my boss that you by law can urinate against your back left wheel, ,

A popular myth but entirely untrue!

The Law Commission, no less, published a list in 2013 of peculiar laws that people believed existed, but mostly didn't. They said this about urinating in public

It is legal for a pregnant woman to relieve herself anywhere she likes, including in a policeman’s helmet.

No. There is no generally applicable offence of urinating in public, although it is often an offence under local byelaws. Local authorities are expected to exercise discretion in deciding whether to prosecute, based on, for example, the nature of the locality and the availability of public toilets nearby. There does not appear to be a specific exemption for pregnant women, but discretion not to charge might be exercised if a pregnant woman were caught short in public. However, it does seem unlikely that a police officer would offer his helmet for the purpose.

It is legal for a man to urinate in public, as long it is against the rear offside wheel of his motor vehicle and his right hand is on the vehicle.

No. See above on urinating in public. It has been suggested that the Town Police Clauses Act 1847 contains a provision along these lines for the benefit of taxi drivers, but this is not so

You can read the full list here if you feel in need of some light relief....

http://www.lawcom.gov.uk/app/uploads/2015/03/Legal_Oddities.pdf

Public indecency” generally refers to acts involving nudity or sexual activity in view of the*public

The owner of the land, being a nember of the public, saw you do this. Therefore public indecency.

Drunk people pee in public, and are often nicked for it.

How about someone comes along and pees on your house doorstep. Are you going to be happy?

Probably a breach of company policy.

It is a criminal offence.

Very likely put a high value company contract at risk.

Id expect a disciplinary and maybe gross misconduct.

No matter how many excuses you make, this is NOT acceptable.

If you were having these problems, you should not have gone to work unless you had the facility to pee with you. Like a pee bottle etc like you get in the hospitals. They make travel ones you can get in a docs surgery.

Even if a doc signs you off with weak bladder, it does not give you carte Blanche to **** all over someones land.

Its a pub, maybe families with kids go there. If i owned it, i would be getting a cleaning company in to remove the risk of disease and send you/the company the bill.

If i was you, i would get over yourself and stop making excuses. Live with the consequences. I do hope you keep your job but i wouldnt hold my breath.

And remember, we are not here to please you, we are here to offer OUR 2 pennies worth. If you dont like those 2 pennies, ignore it.

The owner of the land DIDNT see me do it, She heard me say I needed to go and waited for me to go before shouting out, where I was I was out of sight from anybody.

You talk about these Pee bottles but where do you not have to still have to get your penis out to use this and where do you do this,

The owner of the land DIDNT see me do it, She heard me say I needed to go and waited for me to go before shouting out, where I was I was out of sight from anybody.

You talk about these Pee bottles but where do you not have to still have to get your penis out to use this and where do you do this,

Against your vehicle, discretely and they are designed to hide your todger.

Sat on your seat in the cab.

In the back of the lorry in a discreet corner if no food stock etc on board.

You could have peed in the bottle in the car park. Its the fact you splashed your urine on her private property that has likely irked her.

It is food stock so in the vehicle is not happening,

I totally understand that she’s (forgive the pun) passed at me going in the car park however at that precise moment it was the most sensible place to go,

I’m actually quite annoyed that she had heard me saying I was desperate to go yet instead of offering to open the door to let me use the loos before making delivery she waited for me to go in her car park, and whilst yes she doesn’t have too open the door it still shows what a horrible cow she is, I’ve been delivering to her now for a year and always found her to be a nasty piece of work and so have every other driver that goes, even our rep says she’s a ****

Doesn't matter what her personality is. That has zero bearing on this issue.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is food stock so in the vehicle is not happening,

I totally understand that she’s (forgive the pun) passed at me going in the car park however at that precise moment it was the most sensible place to go,

I’m actually quite annoyed that she had heard me saying I was desperate to go yet instead of offering to open the door to let me use the loos before making delivery she waited for me to go in her car park, and whilst yes she doesn’t have too open the door it still shows what a horrible cow she is, I’ve been delivering to her now for a year and always found her to be a nasty piece of work and so have every other driver that goes, even our rep says she’s a ****

I'm sorry but I see things differently

The only thing that you did wrong was coming back early from sick leave

And that tells me you are a good person willing to assist

I really pray it goes well with you

Wish you all the best

• Confused 1

first of all as quoted in my op i apologised twice whilst explaining the situation to the customer, and whilst taking a whole load of verbal personal abuse, To be fair your response Emmzzi is no help whatsoever and only judgemental and patronising. So therefore would request that you get off you're high horse and keep ones personal opinions to ones self. other than that please do have a nice day.

I’m seeing it the way an employer with an irate customer sees it.

If you want platitudes and sympathy then an employment law board may not be the right place.

The best course of action with your employer imo is to stop making excuses which aren’t backed up by medical evidence and get apologising.

Or you can wheel out a load of excuses and see how far it gets you.

Your choice.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Don’t fight lost causes and apologise where appropriate. But first OP has to get past making excuses for himself.

first of all as quoted in my op i apologised twice whilst explaining the situation to the customer, and whilst taking a whole load of verbal personal abuse, To be fair your response Emmzzi is no help whatsoever and only judgemental and patronising. So therefore would request that you get off you're high horse and keep ones personal opinions to ones self.

Emmzzi has vast experience in HR, and has helped loads of people.

Thing is, she tells people what they need to hear, not always how they want to hear it or what they want to hear.

Up to you if you want to disregard her advice, but if you can’t accept that you asked for advice & she gave it put a disclaimer on your posts along the lines of *fluffy advice only, sought*

other than that please do have a nice day.

An early candidate for passive aggressive response of the month, then.

As for your back pain causing you bladder problems and expecting a note from your doctor: what level has your back pain been diagnosed as arising from?

Your doctor will know from which spinal level if it is one that affects the function of the bladder, through which plexus, and with what effect on bladder function.

Do you have thoraco-lumbar pain? Sciatica? And from which level?

I’m seeing it the way an employer with an irate customer sees it.

If you want platitudes and sympathy then an employment law board may not be the right place.

The best course of action with your employer imo is to stop making excuses which aren’t backed up by medical evidence and get apologising.

Or you can wheel out a load of excuses and see how far it gets you.

Your choice.

I think I’ve done enough apologising and won’t be doing anymore.

With regards to my “Excuses” to be fair I believe that I had no other option and if was in the same situation again would still find the most secluded place and do it again as would most people. I do accept all your points that it’s lawfully not the right thing to do which is exactly what I was wanting to know and that has now been answered.

So thank you all for your input and il just hope nothing else comes of it

Edited by honeybee13
Restoring quote box.

You could be dismissed instantly for gross misconduct if enough evidence.

Also your boss might have to be seen to do something to protect a £750000 contract as you put it.

Sorry didn’t explain that it’s not related to the urinating it’s regarding a driver having 3 accidents 2 which were his fault and damaged other vehicles 1 that wasn’t his fault

3 accidents, 2 fault, one non fault.

Still could be dismissed instantly under gross misconduct.

It would depend on the timescale.

3 accidents in say 30 years. Acceptable.

3 accidents in say 1 year.. Unacceptable.

Person is a liability.

Employers do not have to employ liabilities.

I do understand that they can be dismissed but can they go straight to final written warning? If they chose not to dismiss (which is what they did) do they not then have to go Verbal, Written, Final written?

If the Conduct/Actions warrant it then yes the employer can go straight to a Final Written Warning same as they can go straight to Gross Misconduct/Instant Dismissal if the Conduct/Actions warrant it.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You started off talking about events that had happened to you, writing in the first person.

Now you seem to be inquiring about events that have happened to someone else, writing in the third person.

Are these about 2 different people? (in which case why put it in your thread about you), or do you need to get your story straight?.

If the Conduct/Actions warrant it then yes the employer can go straight to a Final Written Warning same as they can go straight to Gross Misconduct/Instant Dismissal if the Conduct/Actions warrant it.

Ok cheers

Could you clarify BazzaS post#43

As I do agree its seems like the question I have answered was asked about someone else.

If this is the case then you really should not ask these in your own thread about your issue as it may confuse any advice so best to start a new thread to ask or better still tell the other person to come on CAG and ask as it always best to get the information from the individual and not a third party.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I feel that the op mentioned the 750000 contract because it was thrown in by the manager despite not being related to the wee incident.

The manager probably said that the directors are already under pressure for the 750000 contract and would not be linient about the op's incident.

Clarify please.

it is a byelaw that applies to London taxi drivers. I believe the offence committed by peeing in a private place in view of someone would be outraging public decency. the same law would apply to people kissing on their doorstep, showing pictures of nudes in an art gallery and so on. It is not the act but the perception by an indiviual that is taken into account.

Will your company lose a £750k contract over this? Seems highly unlikely as it would take longer than this time to undo it but that is not to say that it would have no effect upon such a contract. I reckon that someone is bigging that up to make it easier to come to a certain conclusion and that isnt good news. If the pub was a tenancy it is quite easy to soothe the situation as the tenant really still has to do what they are told by the brewery and that is who holds the strings for this but that also needs your bosses to want to gop down that path.

I dont know how true this is but i have been informed there is no law against urinating however there is for public indecency, being in a secluded place out of public view and on private property would not constitute public indecency, only advised of this so dont know how true it is,

was also advised by my boss that you by law can urinate against your back left wheel, however i would then be closer to the building, in clear view of the public and in the middle of the car park,

it is a byelaw that applies to London taxi drivers. I believe the offence committed by peeing in a private place in view of someone would be outraging public decency. the same law would apply to people kissing on their doorstep, showing pictures of nudes in an art gallery and so on. It is not the act but the perception by an indiviual that is taken into account.

Will your company lose a £750k contract over this? Seems highly unlikely as it would take longer than this time to undo it but that is not to say that it would have no effect upon such a contract. I reckon that someone is bigging that up to make it easier to come to a certain conclusion and that isnt good news. If the pub was a tenancy it is quite easy to soothe the situation as the tenant really still has to do what they are told by the brewery and that is who holds the strings for this but that also needs your bosses to want to gop down that path.

I don’t know how this contract situation works, we are a company that do exactly the same as Bidvest, and our customers order as and when however I don’t believe they are tied into any contract only that there orders are worth £750.000 a year, but can order from whoever they want as I often go to customers and see other delivery’s taking place and supplying products that I was delivering say a few weeks prior and then i will deliver a few weeks later.

Could you clarify BazzaS post#43

As I do agree its seems like the question I have answered was asked about someone else.

If this is the case then you really should not ask these in your own thread about your issue as it may confuse any advice so best to start a new thread to ask or better still tell the other person to come on CAG and ask as it always best to get the information from the individual and not a third party.

Sorry it was just an older gent at work asked if I could put the question forward when I was conversating with him about my case.