council PCN pavement parking code 1 Limpsfield Ave SW19. T

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What are the correct marking for residents street parking bays(Residents permit)?

I received a ticket in Wimbledon area for parking in areas allocated for permit holders only,

however there are no rd marking at all but there are signage to indicate permit holders

Is this legal?

What is a the correct way of asking this Forum a question? - Provide all relevant docs ie PCNs, Reps & replies Rx, GSV of location

Q. How long is a piece of string?

A. Dunno How long do you need?

generally it is indicated by small plates on poles or attached to the nearest wall.

If a whole road is covered by the scheme then even the plates may be few in number and only present at the end of the road.

You found a parking spot in Wimbledon when the tennis is on, that itself should have made you cautious and go and seek signs at the end of the road to see why.

I saw the the plates on poles of "Residents Permit Holders only".

My question is

are these signs legal on itself without any road markings for the bay?

It seem like there are plates on pole but nothing indicates where I can or I cannot park as there are no markings on the street.

Also if there have an order for the 2 weeks period of Wimbledon to allow them to implement "Permit holders only" in this area without road marking,

Shouldn't be some kind of indication of the order on the plates?

Thank you

Sorry tried but still cannot open the picture. Thank you

uk11, yes, it is now lawful to have only signs or only markings, provided the extent of the restricted area is obvious.

Do you have a streetview link to the location?

And there is no requirement to make mention of the TRO on the signs themselves.

• Confused 1

Thank you Hungrydoug.

I replied yesterday with a link to the location but I don't know why it has been taken out.

I just noticed I should have had 10 posts before I could send a link.

I send it to you in a private message.

By the way apart from the normal "permit holders" signage on the lampost, there are no other signs at the start or end of the road.

Thank you

Hi.

You can only PM site team with the number of posts you have. If you tell us what the location is, hopefully someone here will be able to find it and post a link. The street, postcode and any other information you have will be useful.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sorry hungrydoug, cant send private message either.

The name of the rd I parked is Limpsfield Ave SW19.

Thank you

Unfortunately I got another ticket in an area that i was told by hte council that it is free to park and all other cars are parked on pavement and I did the same but I got a ticket

. I have now noticed the day after area I parked has double yellow lines on the street.

can this ticket challenged as I was parked on the pavement much away from the curb.

The contravention code is 1. Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Hi.

You can only PM site team with the number of posts you have. If you tell us what the location is, hopefully someone here will be able to find it and post a link. The street, postcode and any other information you have will be useful.

HB

Thanks HB. The street is " Limpsfield Ave, SW19".

Now they are telling me my message is tooshort! are all these rules necessary CAG? :)

Just to lenghten my message Lol

I parked has double yellow lines on the street. Is this ticket challengable as I was parked on the pavement much away from the curb.

Really?? You did sit a driving test didn't you?

Pavements are for pedestrians, roads are for hunks of junk.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Really?? You did sit a driving test didn't you?

Pavements are for pedestrians, roads are for hunks of junk.

Thank you BB for sarcasim. Actually the pavement is quite wide and there are much space for pedestrains and all cars in this area are parked on the pavement as the rd is too narrow. Please do not post if you cann ot be helpfull.

It wasn't sarcasm.

However, DYL go all the way to the boundary, so even though you didn't park on the road, they carry on until the next boudary, a house, garden fence etc, so no wriggle room to dispute it.

The LA are rubbing their hands this month it would seem?

Best people to ask would be the LA themselves, especially if you're new to the area and are unsure where you can legally park.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you Bazooka. It was actually the council who told me I can park in this area. My mistake it seems to have thought that the double yellow line rule does not extend to the pavement. Though I still do not htink it should. parking on hte pavement is got its own contravention code 62 I beleive.

Can't help with the various codes sorry.

All I know is parking on the pavement should result in the car being crushed......:smash:

If you check online, then the LA might have a PDF of local car parks ??

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

the highway includes the pavement and can include part of someones front garden if the highways person is being particularly picky

( try putting advertising signs up in your garden to test this).

generally if the whole street or even a block of streets is covered by the same residents parking then all that is needed are signs at each end of the restricted area so that means you may well not see signs placed within the restricted area and have to rely on the signage at the edge of the area

. Individual restricted spaces ( for example bays between DYL) will have their own plates but they will be covered by the overall Traffic Order.

Claiming ignorance wont defeat a ticket and wont win you friends or sympathy.

Look at the technicalities and that means asking to see the traffic order covering this road and then deciding if you did indeed breach it or whether they have used the wong bit of the law to issue the ticket

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing
  • Confused 1

Thank you ericbrother. I have checked a week ago and there is no trafic order covering this road. Also there are no signage at the edge of the street, start and end. That is exactly what I ma trying to find out. Whether I have breeched or not. And so far I do n't believe I have.

uk11.

I've had a look at the google streetview, but the images are only from 2015 so I don't know what the state of the signage is.

Would you be able to post up some pictures?

With regard to the double yellow question, as others have pointed out, DYLs cover the area from the centre of the carraigeway to the rear of the road (highway, since we're in England) boundary. So they cover any footways and verges in that space.