Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Site Team honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13 Authoritative honeybee13's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2009

Default Re: Extremely worried - HA applying for warrant of possession - rent arrears.

What did the court tell you to pay per month please?

HB

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Gourger20 Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2018

Default Re: Extremely worried - HA applying for warrant of possession - rent arrears.

760 a month. This was decided by the income officer. The judge asked if I agreed to this and I said yes. I just wanted it suspended, so I agreed. Plus, I felt it was affordable at the time. But the council tax bill that came on suddenly and unexpectedly has now disrupted that.

The rent arrears was at 381. I've paid 400 which puts it some pounds into credit.

I'm just worried that they'll go back to court even though the rent account isn't heavily in arrears simply because I defaulted on the agreement.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

In reality you shouldn't have agreed that figure because it obviously not affordable...thats why the judge asked had you agreed it.

" I just wanted it suspended, so I agreed." It would still have been suspended if you had objected and stated an affordable amount.

Council Tax bills dont suddenly appear...they are an annual charge which hopefully you pay monthly and factored into your budget...which should have been considered before agreeing the 760 a month.

Andy

We could do with some help from you

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Gourger20 Novitiate

Yeah I realise that now. I was just under a ton of stress and wasn't thinking very clearly.

Am I basically screwed now then? I just want to know, put simply, if this means I will be evicted from the property now.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

I would speak to the income officer and try to agree something for this month only......but looking at it long term you cant maintain it so it will happen again......therefore you need to agree a new affordable amount through the court.

We could do with some help from you

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Gourger20 Novitiate

I intend to do that. I've already paid 400 today to put the account into credit. I guess I'll just have to see what the income officer says.

I would try going to the court. However, I think it costs 255 to put the form in as opposed to 50 for stopping warrants. If I could pay the extra 255, I'd be able to pay the agreed amount, so that's not really an option at this time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details