Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Restons/Cabot claimform - old HFC debt step-daughter

you don't submit a POCicon..you submit a defence...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Yes, my boo-boo, it was the defence. Not good here, have lapses.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Follows
    Following

Can you post a copy of the defence you submitted here for reference.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

It was as post #36 with the dates and details changed to suit. I don't have it here, step-daughter rang the changes in a text file I gave her and did the MCOL stuff herself.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Follows
    Following

Step-daughter has had standard letters from Cabot & Restons following filing the defence.
    Cabot don't have the CCA but have requested a copy, usual 12 weeks etc.

Restons say she would have been provided with all documents requested during the lifetime of the account.
    Within their waffle they say that the POCicon "...contains sufficient information in order for you to understand what the claim relates to, namely:" and in the list there is "d) the name of the original creditor...". THey claim that to be HFC Bank.

Step-daughter has never had an account with HFC Bank.
    She had an account with a totally different company, as far as she is concerned. She know nothing of a debt to HFC Bank.
    Waiting for them to decide what to do next...

Follows
    Following

std cpr reply restons send to everyone
    std CCA reply cabot sent to everyone.

so what bank does she think this is then?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    so what bank does she think this is then?
    She had a loan account many years ago with Beneficial Bank PLC.
    She does not think she ever heard about them changing name or being merged etc.

Does not have paperwork any more as she 'lost it' when she stopped paying via CCCS, and that would have been a long time ago.

At some point she had a 'demand' (as she put it) to pay 'something' so she started paying 20 a month, she cannot recall the DCAicon involved or what it was for.
    She had bank problems in early 2017 and it seems that any standing order was dropped.

She does not think the amount was anything like half of what is being asked for now.
    I guess there are a lot of fees and charges added along the way.

I reckon she's right to ask Restons for documentation as she does not connect the old account with Beneficial to HFC.
    Also that she would dispute the amount, she has no knowledge of the various fees added and what they are for.

Yes, she's a bit of a scatterbrain when it comes to things like this.
    I have a feeling she will have had some sort of paperwork at one time but no longer has anything.

I can only act as go-between really. I don't know anything myself, I have to ask her and the answers are not always forthcoming...

Follows
    Following

Beneficial bank are another trading name of HFC.

it would have been what was called a HFC Loan Account Plus
    where by you were given a loan, say typically this was 3k.
    it operated like a bank account
    she would have had a cheque book and would be allowed to draw against it until be limit is met.
    each month a fixed amount would have needed to be by paid back
    if that didn't happen, then the 'payment' that was required that month would have been taken directly from any dredit left to the arranged total of the loan.
    I cam almost guarantee this wold have had PPIicon attached, they all did, and the would have been through Hamilton insurance [another HFC company], but reclaim that later!!

lots to read on loan account plus accounts in the HFC forum.

as I said at the start of this thread
    they will have a hell of a job getting ANY enforceable paperwork, esp the signed agreement, which is below example
    they were all shredded when the PPI scandal broke.

restons will probably be able to produce statements , which they will redact all account numbers from as it wont match a loan number in the HFC range.

PM me the account number from the POCicon please

Attached Files Attached Files
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

PM sent as requested.

She's at work now so I can't ask her about anything else. Interesting that there may be a PPIicon claim to make

Follows
    Following

the number you have sent me is a beneficial bank loan account number 7 digits
    hfc LAP's were 8 digits preceded by a 8 digit sort code
    ignore the above post then.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

ignore the above post then.
    Good job I've not mentioned the possibility of a PPIicon claim to her then

Follows
    Following

oh they'll be PPIicon for sure
    but thats for once this is over.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Letter from Cabot arrived, along with a copy of the original agreement and terms. 8 pages and confirms PPIicon was added. APR of 36.9% PA , ouch, I didn't know about that at the time. It shows the total amount repayable, over 60 months, was double the amount(s) for each purpose. Part cash, part repaying a previous account and part PPI.

'Unfortunately, it appears that HFC are unable to provide all the requested documentation at this time. If at any stage the documents become available, we will forward these to you and the account will become enforceable once more if received within the relevant limitation period.' and goes on to say 'Although your account is currently unenforceable, the balance remains payable and due...'

As the word unenforceable was used, twice, we will just file this for now and await some sort of follow-up from Restons.

Follows
    Following

Time to start a thread in the PPIicon forum
    Reclaiming time
    Might pay to SARicon hfc as I bet that previous loan had ppi too!!

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Time to start a thread in the PPIicon forum
    Reclaiming time
    Might pay to SARicon hfc as I bet that previous loan had ppi too!!
    Yep, will do as soon as I have the paperwork here to work from. I agree it would be 'beneficial' to send a SAR

Edit: Just putting info together and went to file the document I created, to find that I gave her a fosicon questionnaire in May 2014 for this account... She's away at present so will ask her what happened to that when I see her.

Follows
    Following

good idea

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

OK, checked. The fosicon paperwork was never sent off. Can't remember why. Will send a SARicon and see what comes back.

Follows
    Following

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3