Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2007

Default Re: AS PARKING windscreen PCN - Fallen ticket - Rivere Towans Car Park (Hayle, Cornwall)

Quote Originally Posted by wide-minded View Post
    Feel free to ask on the closed Fb pages, plenty on their will share their losses no doubt.
    So, that'll be a no then. Thought as much

I've a good mind to drive down to Cornwall and park (badly) in as many of your car parks as I can find. I'll even forego any rights to an appeal. I'd like to see you (and those two other clowns at Gladrags) try to beat me in Court

We could use your help
    PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Site Team DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967 Authoritative DragonFly1967's Avatar

Default Re: AS PARKING windscreen PCN - Fallen ticket - Rivere Towans Car Park (Hayle, Cornwall)

OK wide-minded, let's be open an honest here for a moment, if that isn't too much to ask.

You work for AS Parking, Athens Security or a company associated with them. Maybe you're even Kevin or Louise. Am I correct?

We could use your help

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.

If I've helped you at all, please feel free to click on the little star under my posts and leave feedback
    Follows
    Following

Oh dear, they seem to have gone all shy. Perhaps they will come back with an answer in another 4 years

We could use your help

Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

When I contributed to the rather parochial fb pages on private parking I dont recall any such accepted offers being shouted from the rooftops. Are there 2 closed groups with large numbers of members? I do recall a member offering such a service but that means they had the authority of AS to do so so agency if not employment.
    BTW, that forun is OK if you want a nice POPLAicon appeal but no good for advice on court matters.

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    beachgoer Novitiate

Cagger since : Jun 2018

Sorry to not respond for a while on my own thread.

I can't get back to the car park to take photos of the signs etc as it is quite a distance.

A little confused about what i need to do now, do i need to reply or just leave it. Were there any errors that make it unenforceable?

To be honest i would have been happy to pay a small fee/fine as the ticket was the wrong way up,
    I just feel that as i had genuinely bought a ticket that the fine was extortionate.
    All the things i have read say that there is definitely no option of that.

Thank you all for your responses.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

its not a fine
    sit on your hands until or unless you get a letter of claimicon.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

I hope you still have the ticket because that kills any claim as they ahve not lost any money, the showing of the ticket is merely evidence you have paid and that is enough to aprk there whether they actually give you a ticket or not.

Basic Account Holder
    beachgoer Novitiate

Ok thanks, i will sit tight. Yes i do still have the ticket i purchased.

Basic Account Holder
    beachgoer Novitiate

2 weeks ago i got a Final notice re the charge (attached). Today i have received a debt recovery letter(attached). Do i need to just get on and pay this? I can't afford for this to get anymore expensive it has now gone up to 160!

Has anything that they have done or sent me shown any errors that will stop this from being enforceable, at the moment i can't see how this is improving my situation. Thank you for your advice.

Attached Images

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

nope as post 26
    a DCAicon is not a bailiff

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    beachgoer Novitiate

Thanks for your reply, but i am not convinced what my case is.
    Are you saying that i wait for a bailiff letter or arrival, if so what changes then?
    If my case is built on just calling their bluff then i'm not sure i can afford the risk.

Originally posters were saying they would make mistakes with their paperwork and the charge would then be invalid. No one has said there are errors to this effect so far.

Basic Account Holder
    FTMDave Novitiate

Cagger since : Jan 2016

The regulars here encourage motorists to read other threads and get a feel of the legal situation.

If you do that a few things will quickly become apparent. Firstly, you're dealing with conmen who know full well you owe them nothing but will try to scare you into paying. Anyone can threaten anyone legally. I could say I want a million pounds from you for writing this post, but you wouldn't pay it, and if I did sue you I'd be laughed out of court.

Your situation is actually one of the easiest legally. You paid. The parking company got their money. You're right, they're wrong.

It has not gone up to 160! That's just a scare tactic. The DCAicon doesn't own the debt and has no power to do anything. They've just sent you some free toilet paper.

bailiff only ever come after you LOSE in court..

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

not being funny but unless you are doing so when not logged in
    you've not bothered to read ONE other private parking thread on CAGicon at all..since july when yo came here

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative lookinforinfo Authoritative

Cagger since : Mar 2006

160 is normally about the maximum they ask for, then when you continue to ignoreicon them they write back offering a lower amount. They are so predictable. But it is good when they beg.
    Always ignoreicon the DCAs-they are usually unregulated and have no power at all. They only act under instructions and can't walk
    the walk. They are much less ferocious than my grand daughter's teddy bear.

In short theynahve made it up to scare you into paying ebfore you thik it gopes up again.
    Read more and then read soem more in the debt forums about DCAicon's.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details