Income Insurance

Neopeppy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a question,

I have been sick for a long time and forgot I was paying for income protection

, I have claimed but I have a gap of 3 months and 1 week where i did not ask for an unfit form as i was not working/sign on and not leaving the house with depression and anxiety.

I got an unfit notice before and after this gap with the same condition (it never went away)

How do I go about getting some form of information that I can send to Income insurance to prove i was still unfit?

Can i ask the doctor to write a letter to say his opinion i would have been still unfit if i asked for the unfit letter?

They are saying anything over a 3-month gap they cant payout... (Convenient)

If your new claim occurs more than 3 months after the end of your previous claim and it arises from a related condition or one that existed at the same time as your original claim, you must have returned to work for at least 3 consecutive months to be able to claim, my gap is November 4th - Feb 16 3 months 16 days ish

(Barclays income insurance) now monument

Edited by Neopeppy

Various random posts on old threads moved to this thread and duplicate s tidied

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If your new claim occurs more than 3 months after the end of your previous claim and it arises from a related condition or one that existed at the same time as your original claim, you must have returned to work for at least 3 consecutive months to be able to claim, my gap is November 4th - Feb 16 3 months 16 days ish

(Barclays income insurance) now monument

Thank you. So why are they saying they don't want to pay?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

in the 3 months,

i don't have an unfit letter from the doctor as i never asked for one,

i was not working or signing on (Never left house)

i did not ask for one even tho i have unfit letter before and after for the same thing,

Its clear i was still unfit but they need in writing, the doctor however said he cant do a un fit letter as i never asked for one during that period

He did do a letter saying i was still being treated for the condition over the whole period, They said that is not good enough, needs to say Un fit.

No, i not been able to work since October

Oh right, I misunderstood. When you and they talk about a new claim, do you mean there was a claim before that? I'm not sure where the three month bit comes in, could be me.

HB

the claim was sickness when I was working which was up top the point i ended my employment which they paid, i then needed information from November onwards.

Nov to Feb i did not have any unfit letters because i was not working, i did not see the point getting as i was going to give them to nobody.

However, the doctor has confirmed i have been continuously treated up to this very day. but can not give me an Unfit letter as i never asked for one at the time, this was 2015 when i stopped working. The condition has always been there and it doesn't just disappear for 3 months.

2015 sep-oct (End of work) Unfit letter

nov-Feb (Not working) No unfit letter

Feb until now Unfit letter provided

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Thank you, that's what I was about to ask you for. Are they paying you now and it's Nov to Feb you're arguing about?

Is there something in their policy or Ts and Cs, etc that says what you should do when you want to claim?

HB

Not paying me anything from November 2015 onwards due to the 3-month gap without an unfit letter.

Can i not ask the doctor to put that in his opinion if i asked for a letter in that 3 months it would have been unfit as i was before and was after?

So is this what happened or not please? Including the dates.

2015 sep-oct (End of work) Unfit letter Claim paid?

nov 2015?-Feb 2016? (Not working) No unfit letter No claim made?

Feb 2016? until now Unfit letter provided Claim being paid or not?

Sorry if I'm being thick but it's important to get this right.

HB

Edited by honeybee13
Spacing

2015 sep-oct (End of work) Unfit letter Claim Paid

nov 2015?-Feb 2016? (Not working) No unfit letter Claim made but won't pay

Feb 2016? until now Unfit letter provided Claim not being paid

The claim was meant to go from October 2015 until now, but they could only pay until November 2015 due too no unfit letter. They have had all evidence showing I stopped working, I have been unfit to work from Feb 2016 till now and i have been treated from October 2015 until now.

I never returned to work so

(If your new claim occurs more than 3 months after the end of your previous claim and it arises from a related condition or one that existed at the same time as your original claim, you must have returned to work for at least 3 consecutive months to be able to claim)

Just realised i was in physio at the hospital during this 3 month gap, Surly i can use this as proof i was still unfit

Stil have my physio appointment card

Edited by dx100uk
merge

• 2 weeks later...