CHARGING ORDERS FROM DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all and hope this is in the right area for posting this...if not I can remove and repost if directed, thanks.

Ok here we go...the sob story....I have had my head in the sand about all my debts for years, mostly from losing my job in 2009, family loss before and after and some health issues since but none of that really matters as the ball keeps rolling...so to now!

Where having had Land Registry contact me (a second time) with regards to both a RESTRICTION & an AGREED NOTICE (for 2 separate debts), it is clear that this cannot continue so I have to do something about it, so if anyone can give me some advice or point me in the right direction of what I can/should do then I would greatly appreciate it!

Not sure about how much info you need but will provide as much as possible, in as concise a way I can (I am able to scan any of the documents I refer to herein if needed).

Debt 1: £3018.44 (inc. costs/interest/fines)

Original Creditor: Halifax

Original Loan Date: This was a bank account and monies owed is overdraft

Original Loan Amount: £2000 (overdraft limit)

Debt Company(s): Cabot

Solicitor(s): Mortimer & Clarke

Date of Land Registry contact: 27/06/18

Action of Land Registry: Document B132 ‐ ENTRY OF AN AGREED NOTICE

Notes: I have no old bank account documents from Halifax but can always request them? Not sure if that is possible...

Have previously made payments (of £1 & £10 an agreed payment plan) but no payments made for over 6/7 years

Debt 2: £8501.21 (inc. costs/interest/fines)

Original Creditor: Northern Rock

Original Loan Date: 2007/2008

Original Loan Amount: £7000

Debt Company(s): HPH2 EX SANDTANDER UK PLC, Robinsons, Hoist Portfolio (which is also the same company as HPH2...I think)

Solicitor(s): Howard Cohen

Date of Land Registry contact: 24/08/17

Action of Land Registry: Document B136 (CO) ‐ AN APPLICATION TO REGISTER A RESTRICTION AGAINST THE LAND

Notes: The original creditor loan was taken out with Northern Rock but I do not have any of the old documents

Not sure of the exact date that I took out this loan but think it was at the end of 2007 early 2008

I have not made payments to them for over 6/7 years but their documentation states £0 paid at all ‐ I would have to request old bank statements to confirm

Guess the question is can I do anything about having these removed?

Are the debts still enforceable?

Should I ask the Debt Companies for the date of the original loans? I think they got the charging orders in before the end of the 6 year period for collection (not that I was playing it that way just from what I have read recently.

Can I still ask them to provide proof of debt?

i understand that it is a horse bolted situation but even if it is to go back and work out a payment plan etc then so be it and I am not sure I am even asking the right questions. Ideally I just want to get this straight and cut the worry about losing my house and find a way to become debt free! Really, any advice given is sorely needed. If you need more info about the situation or about me then please ask.

Thank you,

Bob

It looks like both of these actions were out of time so you could have simply told the court the claims were statute barred.

Why on earth didnt you ask for advice before you allowed them to take this action?

Now you can apply for it all to be set aside as it is SB but if you got the paperwork from court and just ignored it I'm not sure that would impress them much.

However it is worth pursuing, may cost you money but if you are on benefits the court fees are waived.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

is this a jointly owed home but these are just your debts not joint..so only restriction k's?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you ericsbrother,

Yes that is possibly the cases were both statute barred

‐ am I able to confirm that in anyway?

Unfortunately I had a few issues (mental health) that I just closed the doors and curtains and let it all rain down,

of course kicking myself now but at the time none of it really mattered.

I understand it may be frowned upon (my ignorance) but legally if it is

1. Statute barred or

2. That the DCAs, having bought the debt, may not have proof of debt ‐ could that be reason to review?

I am not on benefits but quite happy to pursue.

Could you say how I would go about this process?

you can send Halifax an sar to get all the statements from the A/C you might have paid these debts from.

if you can prove they were Sb'd then probably a set aside will be guaranteed on each

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nr are still nr

and they

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread