CRS and Lifestyle gym

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there.

I have had similar trouble with CRS because of the membership I had with the Lifestyle gym where I and my partner took 12-month memberships both.

We then moved to a different city and kind of cancelled by the procedure except that my partner did this for BOTH of us and not me personally,

no one never in the gym or Harlands told him that he cannot cancel for both of us (he was the one paying for them so we just decided it will be easier that way, I also was pregnant and super sick and just couldn't care less about the gym).

He just carried on with the cancellation, it took him months to do it "properly" via phone calls and emails because there was always someone who knew nothing about it and always was told that to call or email here and there and there..

long story short- he cancelled eventually with the proof of our new address 100miles away with both our names on the bill.

months later I got an email and ton of messages and missed calls from CRS.

I ignored because I get a tonne of calls from these debt advisors and car accident people,

but after a while, I realized it's for real, they are searching for me. I

emailed telling the same I had just told you now and that I owe nothing,

this has gone on and on for months,

a couple of weeks ago I got an email with red letters about the court,

you know what they do,

won't recite it.

I phoned harlands, I phoned CRS, my partner did the same..

I was left in tears on the phone because I was utterly stunned by the given attitude".

They are not going to look into it, where the things went wrong etc.

My partner left me his bank card n the table today saying- call them and pay them.

And just something whispered in my mind- Google them.

That's what I did and found this forum and I am hopeful now,

this seems super unfair to me,

and plus I am a stay at home mom,

I don't get any benefits,

I claim nothing from this country,

my partner supports the whole family,

I simply cannot afford to throw his hard-earned 200£ in the bin.

What do I do??

Just ignore?

Are you sure they cannot proceed with the court?

Thanks a million for having this website and information, your advice is highly appreciated!!!!

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

yes you totally ignore them

and read a few threads here

nothing they can do ...powerless!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Jump onto the gyms socila media sites and embarrass them on there, let all of their current and potential customers know exactly what they can expect and just how they will be treated by the gym when they dare choose to cancel their membership.

Complain to the CMA also about the gyms draconian cancellation procedures and use of a cowboy DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Mailman and welcome to CAG

As DX says, read other threads here for inspiration.

Don't pay Harlands/CRS a penny - you probably owe them nothing !!

They will say anything to convince you that you failed to cancel properly and now owe them gym fees and/or admin fees. But most of what they say, and most of what they try to charge you, is nonsense !

Don't speak to Harlands/CRS anymore for any reason. This will not help you at all. Ignoring them is the best policy.

Keep us posted and ask us here if you have any queries.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you, guys!! Will do my best at ignoring them.. :-D

How long will they continue their harassment, do you know?

Can this ignoring last forever?

I read a few threads yesterday but did not see anything with long-term results?

Is there anything I could say or do so they would just stop calling and e-mailing with bigger and bigger charges and fees ?

I get it, you answer the same million questions every day, I'm sorry. I will scroll through some other conversations.

Thank you again!!!

ignore them

bounce the emails back as underlivered

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Is there anything I could say or do so they would just stop calling and e-mailing with bigger and bigger charges and fees ?

Nothing you can do or say to stop them really, however, there is this little thing called ''Protection from harassment'' act, and ''malicious comunications'' act, you simply report them to the police for the criminal offence of harassment if they persist.

As for them adding fees and charges, let them, you're not going to pay them are you? So it matters not one jot what numbers they say you owe them, because they can't enforce it.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi MMan,

Some threads show Harlands/CRS carry on with contact and demands for many months but others show they give up once they realise you're not intimidated or interested.

In terms of long term results that you refer to, the biggest factor is that no one has been the subject of court action by Harlands/CRS for many years. The reason for this is they know they have no good grounds for such court action.

The option you have though is to take Harlands to court if they continue to harass you. This will stop them for good !!

If you want to do this, let us know and we'll help all the way.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)