Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    louise2012 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Feb 2012

Default Reclaiming money from a closed dormant account - Lloyds Bank

Does anyone know of a website that I can use to refund my money from a dormant back account as I had an old TSB bank account now Lloyds which has a small amount of money which has since been closed (tried mylostaccount.org before).

I've already been in my local Lloyds branch today and they advised to me to reclaim the money.

Thanks

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: Reclaiming money from a closed dormant account - Lloyds Bank

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    louise2012 Novitiate

I completed another form on the mylostaccount website and this is the reply I got today :

We regret to advise you that, TSB Bank Plc have not found a dormant account in the name of plus any other names (maiden name etc) which you have quoted.

If you are dissatisfied with the way the bank has dealt with your claim and you wish to take the matter further you have the option to contact the bank's customer servicesicon, visit a branch or you can appeal through the bank's internal complaints procedure. If you appeal through the complaints procedure and your appeal is unsuccessful you have the right to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsmanicon Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London E14 9SR telephone 0800 023 4 567 website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk.

UK Finance

Have I now lost my money or is there another way of claiming my money back ?

Thanks

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Do you know all the old details??

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    louise2012 Novitiate

Yes I do and it was an old TSB account.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Are you sure Lloyds are your target?
    What do tsb themselves say
    If i remember the story of these banks properly...

Old tsb accounts were thrown in many directions
    RBSicon
    Hbos
    Went they joined and then split again in recent years

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Have a read
    https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=part...&sa=Search+CAG

What year was it opened??

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    louise2012 Novitiate

The account was opened in about the late 1990s I think when it was TSB

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch Highly authoritative Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

TSB Group merged with Lloyds Bank in 1995 to form Lloyds TSB and following its acquisition of HBOS in January 2009, Lloyds TSB Group was renamed Lloyds Banking Group.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    StJane Novitiate StJane Novitiate

Cagger since : Jul 2015

What's the sort code of the account? That will indicate which bank it concerns.

Do you have any paperwork relating to the accounts?

When did you last use the account or lose access to it? Could the branch staff see any information relating to the account? For most accounts they should have electronic records going back to around 2001 so there may be some information available, depending on when closed.

Basic Account Holder
    louise2012 Novitiate

The sort code is 77 17 24. I received a lettericon from Lloyds bank to say because I hadn't used the account for over 15 years they have closed the account.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details