• Tweets

• Former billionaire Hui Ka Yan has been fined and banned from the financial market for life.View the full article
    • In terms of "why didn't I make a claim" - well, that has to be understood in the context of the long-standing legal battle and all its permuations with the shark. In essence there was a repo and probable fire sale of the leasehold property - which would have led to me initiating the complaint/ claim v SPF in summer 19. But there was no quick sale. And battle commenced and it ain't done yet 5y later. A potential sale morphed into trying to do a debt deal and then into a full blown battle heading to trial - based on the shark deliberately racking up costs just so the ceo can keep the property for himself.  Along the way they have launched claims in 4 different counties -v- me - trying to get a backdoor B. (Haven't yet succeeded) Simultaneously I got dragged into a contentious forfeiture claim and then into a lease extension debacle - both of which lasted 3y. (I have an association with the freeholders and handled all that legal stuff too) I had some (friend paid for) legal support to begin with.  But mostly I have handled every thing alone.  The sheer weight of all the different cases has been pretty overwhelming. And tedious.  I'm battling an aggressive financial shark that has investors giving them 00s of millions. They've employed teams of expensive lawyers and barristers. And also got juniors doing the boring menial tasks. And, of course, in text book style they've delayed issues on purpose and then sent 000's of docs to read at the 11th hour. Which I not only boringly did read,  but also simultaneously filed for ease of reference later - which has come in very handy in speeding up collating legal bundles and being able to find evidence quickly.  It's also how I found out the damning stuff I could use -v- them.  Bottom line - I haven't really had a moment to breath for 5y. I've had to write a statement recently. And asked a clinic for advice. One of the volunteers asked how I got into this situation.  Which prompted me to say it all started when I got bad advice from a broker. Which kick-started me in to thinking I really should look into making some kind of formal complaint -v- the broker.  Which is where I am now.  Extenuating circumstances as to why I'm complaining so late.  But hopefully still in time ??  
    • At a key lecture in the City of London, the shadow chancellor will also vow to reform the Treasury.View the full article
    • Despite controversy China's Temu is becoming a global online shopping force.View the full article
    • The retailer has come under fire for an advert showing motorcyclists wearing trainers and doing wheelies.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

NRAM interim charging order, advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a de-linked unsecured loan (part of together mortgagelink3.gif, but we moved mortgagelink3.gif) from 2006 for £29k,

we have never missed a payment,

the past few years we have had agreed,

reduced means tested payments

NRAM passed it to a solicitor who have managed to issue a CCJ against us after saying we missed six months payments..we didn't.

We called the solicitor from the CAB on the morning of the court date (October 2017) and CAB manager explained we hadn't missed any payments.

They agreed to stop the court action that day (in an unrecorded phone calllink3.gif!) CAB manager then asked them shall we fax the court form in and of course they said no, it's ok.

Well they didn't stop the court action and got the CCJ..

We went back to CAB in February and the manager called them again,

they had an interim charging order by now..

we sent a letter on my insistence to the court with proof of all payments and got the court transferred to our local court 2 weeks ago.

We thought this was to appeal the process but the judge explained it was to make it into a final charging order.

Unfortunately we have had really poor advice from our local CAB debt manager and didn't apply straight away to stop it or set it aside straight after.

The judge seemed sympathetic and said we have been poorly advised,

adjourned until early September as we said we cannot be certain we still owe £29k as we have paid off over £17k and now the debt is back to where it started.

I assume NRAM have whacked on a load of interest and charges when we were on reduced payments.

We hope we can prove we owe significantly less than the £29,500 they say.

I am about to send off a SARlink3.gif today using your template as we haven't had statements since 2011,

which I now know to be because our regulated loan was in fact unregulated...

and isn't covered by CCA.

It's a living nightmare,

I'm convinced they will then go for an order of sale,

even though they say they won't.

NRAM have spoken to us as though they have no control over the solicitor's actions and are being vague.

I don't want them having control over this,

I have a 12 year old at home who is settled and doing so well at school..

we had every intention of settling when we sell in 11 years at the end of our mortgage and have never missed a payment.

I hope I can get the statements back in time to look through them and they don't delay the SAR process too much with delaying tactics.

Any advice would be appreciated!

And do we send one SAR with both our names,

signatures etc on it,

and do we ask for just the statements since 2011 or everything?

Many thanks.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Thread moved to the appropriate forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Unsure why you started it in Bailiff Discussions Forum ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

they have 30 days on the sar

yes one only in both names

sign it too.

if you've moved since taking this out inc a copy of your CTAX bill as advised in the SAR thread

yes there will be £100's in fees and probably lots of unnecessary insurances too.

do you still have the agreement?

if so scan it up with whatever else you have to ONE multipage PDF

read upload

ensure you redact all pers details and ref number/barcodes etc etc

but leave dates and figures please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks,

yes we have the agreement, and all paperwork up until 2011.

I will have to get it from my other half later as he stores everything away, and then I will scan tomorrow and upload. I can't do it at home.

One more question, on the SAR do we use either the first or second paragraph?

They seem similar.

'Please supply me with copies'..

or.. ;Please note that I require;..

And would it be easier to just ask them for all the statements rather than everything?

everything they hold on you and your partner

numbers are immaterial.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry for the big delay, a lot has been going on.

I finally got the bundle of data from NRAM,

I've looked through a lot of it and can't really find any discrepancies.

Although I'm not really sure what I'm lookng for.

It looks like from 2006 to 2011 we paid about £17k (we have paid nearly £19k in total) and only about £2,000 came off the loan!

We still didn't have any statements from 2011 to 2018

we got a solicitor (via my brother-in-law who suggested we use his solicitor) to write to NRAM's solicitors asking them to provide a comprehensive statement to date, or we would seek an adjournment.

He told me it is totally unacceptable for a company such as NRAM to not provide up to date information..

and that this should be exploited in our defence.

After no response, they emailed the solicitor today saying apologies for the delay, the letter required is in the post!

The solicitor we are using deals in property related disputes but is not (I now find out) an expert in this area.

He has told us to file the N244 to set aside judgement on the grounds we didn't have up to date statements etc..

I explained to him the judge said we can only apply to set aside if

a) we can show we owe significantly less (at least more than £10k less) and

b) we can explain why we waited so long and haven't applied to set aside straight after the ccj

(this is because CAB took the word of NRAMs solicitor on the phone that court action would be stopped and we didn't need to send in the court appeal form... still makes my blood boil that we allowed CAB to make the decision to take their word for it on the phone and then tell us not to send the form in)

I feel like we have come a full circle, and now have a solicitor who has told us what we knew already and were told about by the judge.

I was hoping he would be able to come to court and seek another adjournment or something, but he is going away on holiday.

I am going to have to ring around solicitors tomorrow and try and find someone who really knows everything to do with this.

I am going to upload the agreement etc on the link provided above.

Just trying to convert all to PDF.

The solicitor thinks it's worth applying to set aside anyway (even though it's £252) quote..

.'' I feel rather like a doctor when I say if you don’t intervene, its going to get worse.

If NRAM can sue you on the basis of their figures, they must know what the figures are and they must be able to justify them.

If the judge is to make an order he must know what the figures are.

You are already fighting an uphill battle because judgement has been entered:

and the only way to counter that is to try to set that judgement aside,

and then get NRAM to justify their figures in detail.

It is clearly unacceptable for a large company’s figures to be seven years out of date: you have to exploit that.' unquote...

.. part of me feels we should try to set aside ..

but if we don't have the reasons required as instructed by the judge, it could simply just be a waste of money.

However, I don't know how long this letter will take to arrive from NRAMs solicitors

I could apply to set aside as we haven't received the information yet. (?)

But if the information arrives in time for the case on 5th Sept and shows we do owe the amount (or near it) this surely would counteract our application..

sorry it's late and I'm rambling a bit.

I am going to the GP tomorrow as I was having heart issues from October last year, straight after the CCJ notification and visit to CAB,

I have had many investigations, monitoring etc.

but nothing serious has been found.

It's probably stress..

but as the court date gets closer my symptoms have got worse again and my palpitations feel more extreme than ever.

you will need to scan up everything in the sar [statements etc] to one multipage PDF.

then the experts can advise

follow upload

and they

you will need to scan up everything in the sar [statements etc] to one multipage PDF.

then the experts can advise

follow upload

OK, that's a lot of paperwork, it's thicker than 2 yellow pages. Thankyou, might take me a while.

• 5 months later...