Uncle buck - external debt collection agency

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was on repayment plan with Uncle Buck paying £20.00/ Month and always on time, anything missed (3 payments already)

now I received this email

We have reviewed your account and currently our recommendation will be to either instruct an external debt collection agency to collect your outstanding debt or pass your details to an external litigation company who may instigate legal proceedings in the form of a County Court Judgement, Third Party Debt Order, Attachment of Earnings or Bailiff Enforcement.

You will receive further communication about the course of action we intend to take within the next 7 days.

We also have plenty of ways for you to make your missed payment.

The fastest way you can do this, is by using one of the options below:

Visit our payment portal here.

Or login to your customer login portal here.

Alternatively, you can telephone our automated payment line on 01959 543400 and choose option 2 and follow the instructions

If you would prefer to speak to a member of the team, all you need to do is call us on 01959 543400 and choose option 3.

We do not want to take this form of action, we would prefer you to speak to us and discuss a way forward so please contact us immediately.

You can also provide us with a copy of your income and expenditure via our website. It’s so simple, just visit our Budget Planner page and once completed we will be in contact.

Why they doing this if I was repaying?

Outstanding 180.00£ no problems never with my payments

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Why they doing this if I was repaying? Outstanding 180.00£ no problems never with my payments

What were the original loan terms ?

Have the terms been changed since ? E.g. You agreed a different repayment amount.

Unclebuck and similar companies don't manage these accounts for long. They lend the money and after a period get a DCA to collect payments due.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I sent Formal Complaint Regarding Irresponsible Lending due to so many loans and big debt and finally we agreed to repayment plans

I had this email on the 27.04.2018

"Thank you for your recent email.

After reviewing all the information you have provided we are able to offer you a repayment arrangement of £20.00 per month which will be reviewed every 6 months.

All interest and charges will be frozen during the arrangement.

Please be aware that non-payment on the agreed date/s may result in the agreement being cancelled and then being subject to additional interest and charges as per your loan agreement.

To accept the offer, please confirm the following:

Is this affordable?

Confirm your pay date?

Confirm your pay frequency?

Finally if the card ending 0493 is still valid to process the payments?

Please respond within 7 days to confirm, failure to do so may result in further activities from our collections department.

Please advice

Edited by dx100uk
merge

You lodged a complaint about IRL and they came up with a £20 a month repayment plan?

Sounds awesome!!! If you're Uncle buck....why didn't they write this off?

Besides let them pass it on to a powerless DCA they won't be getting paid, and you can drop the payments down to £1 a month for the life of the debt, clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

did you refer that to the FOS?

moved to the PDL forum

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

YES, I did, I was complying to FOS but not this situation as I received email today that they cancelling my plan

I don't think they have cancelled any arrangement. It is just a clumsy handover from Unclebuck to a DCA.

Up to you. Just continue to pay what you agreed until paid off or you have another look at your overall debt situation by getting advice. If you have more debt than you can really service, perhaps you should be looking at what actions you can take.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread