Requesting courtesy car from dealership

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a 2015 vehicle from a dealership about a month ago , some paint work needs to been carried out by the dealership but they are refusing to provide a courtesy car. Do I have any rights in this area? Thanks

Who is the dealership ?

Do they offer a courtesy car service ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Errrr, no. By definition courtesy car means courtesy, and on a used 3 year old car? Even with a new car you wouldn't entitled to one.

Courtesy cars are what the name implies, courtesy.

Of course there are some areas of this forum who would advocate suing them.

I bought a 2015 vehicle from a dealership about a month ago , some paint work needs to been carried out by the dealership but they are refusing to provide a courtesy car. Do I have any rights in this area? Thanks

You would only have rights in this if they were given to you under the sales contract or under the repair contract.

Errrr, no. By definition courtesy car means courtesy, and on a used 3 year old car? Even with a new car you wouldn't entitled to one.

Courtesy cars are what the name implies, courtesy.

Of course there are some areas of this forum who would advocate suing them.

… and yes, if the car was provided for in the contract then we would certainly be suggesting that you might need to sue them. In terms of the use of the word "courtesy", this has come to be a generic and I would say that one shouldn't automatically assume that a courtesy car is simply a matter of goodwill. It may be a feature of the contract which was included as an attempt to make a particular deal seem more attractive.

That's a very sensible and accurate answer to my point.

For example, If a major retailer sold for example a TV, would you expect a replacement TV whilst it's repaired?

Under warranty terms and conditions there is a right to repair but no entitlement to temporary replacement goods.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread