PCN 21 days to pay but fine has increased

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Afternoon All,

Just wonder if I have this all wrong ?! I appealled a TFL PCN, Appeal was rejected and the rejection letter stated I had 21 days to pay at reduced rate of £65 from the date of the letter of rejection which was 11th June 2018.

...' if you pay the penalty charge within 21 days from the date of this letter you may pay the discounted amount as full and final settlement...'

I calculated from the 11th 21 days I could pay by the 2nd July at the very latest?

I went to pay the fine today and it has increased to £130 !

Have I miscalculated the dates/wording? surely the 1st falls within 21 days from the 11th July?

As it is a Sunday and no one is available at TFL to talk to I thought I should pay it and hope they can refund as if I didnt pay then tomorrow am sure they would say I missed the 21 days...am now more than broke..

Am I right to think I had until 2nd to pay or have I misinterpreted the letter?

Many thanks

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Yup. 21 days from the date of the letter is the 2nd July. Even if they counted that as the first day, today would still have been in time. Just get on to them tomorrow.