The FOS failing to make a final decision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

An ajudicator made a decision to uphold my case 4 years ago, however the business appealed the decision.

After constantly chasing the FOS over a period of 3 years and numerous missed deadlines,

six months ago an ombudsman made a provisional decision again in my favour,

however I was stripped of costs which the adjudicator had awarded.

To date, no final decision has been made, and the pattern of broken promises for deadlines, and constant chasing them for a final decision is still ongoing.

What can I do to get them to make a final decision after 4 years of the stress of this case and struggling to survive financially?

Begin by sending the FOS an SAR and also set out the whole story for us here

My case is regarding mortgage mis-selling in 2007.

When I found this out, I submitted a claim to the FOS in 2014, an ajudicator upheld a decision in my favour in 2015 to put me back in my original position before the mortgage mis-selling.

The business appealed the decison, and that is when the FOS procrastination began.

They gave me numerous deadlines as to when my case would be concluded, none of which materialised.

Finally after a seeing a program on national TV Dispatches Undercover: Who's Policing your Bank, I contacted them and I received a Ombudsman provisional decision in March, 2018. Once again the same pattern of chasing them and them given broken promises and missed deadline has resumed.

I waited 3 years to get a provisional decision.

I have already submitted an SAR, and have only seen 3 emails from the business in 2016, none of which had any new evidence.

Are they in which I can get them to issue a final decison, without having to wait for another 4 years?

This is very surprising. Please can you tell us more about the SAR – when was it sent, what did it produce, that it really only produced three emails? Did they say anything about other data which they held but claim some sort of privilege for?

Who is the complaint against? And please will you tell us the entire story about the mortgage mis-selling

Yes. You could start by answering the questions which I have asked

• 2 weeks later...

yes

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

In February 2014 there was a ruling by the Court of Appeal that a complainant cannot accept a redress from the FOS and then go on to take the business to court for additional redress over the same complaint. Are there any further update to this case which concerns Barry and Julie Clark regarding In Focus Asset Management & Tax Solutions?