reverse charge number made by friend

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A so called friend made 2 reverse call charges on my phone using the number 686323. The thing is the phone is pay as you go and I think you get charged by premium SMS.

http://www.08000mumdad.co.uk

If I destroy the sim card can I still get billed such as in debt even though the phone is pay as you go and the mobile company doesn't have my address.

The mobile phone had and still has no credit. He made the call with 0 credit on phone.

Edited by saded

I'll Pay

No pre-paid credit? Want to call someone but not let them know your out of credit using our service? Then this option is for you. We ask you to enter the number you wish to call. Select I'll Pay and you can make the call now and pay for it the next time you recharge. No name is recorded and you will be directly connected the person you are calling. The person making the call pays for it via Premium SMS and you are only charge if you are both connected

They Pay

Normal Reverse Charge Call. We ask you to enter the number you wish to call, then ask you to record your name. Our service dials the number you entered and when the person you are calling answers the call we play them your name. Then we ask them to accept the charges and connect you both together. If the person you are calling has no credit they can pay for it the next time they recharge. The person receiving the call pays for it via Premium SMS and you are only charge if you are both connected.

Depending on which option they selected, either the caller or the recipient pays for the call. On the basis that the friend selected "I'll pay", you won't pick up the bill until you load the sim up with more credit.

Quite what 08000mumdad will do to recover their fee if you dispose of the sim without putting any credit on it is anybodies guess. I suspect that there is little they can do without a name and address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

If you are payg with £0 then the land line dialed gets billed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Unsure why this is in General Legal Issues Forum...moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread