• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Summons on Referral to Court

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

All,

I would really appreciate some advice please as I am worried sick.

The following is a rough timeline. I would appreciate any thoughts and advice. Thanks in advance.

• Offence (a) I received a ticket for 25/12/2017

Speeding Westbound 58 mph in a 50 zone

• Offence (b) I received a ticket for 25/12/2017

Speeding Eastbound 56mph in a 50 Zone

• I declared that I was the driver for both offences and both forms in the same envelope

• I then received a fixed penalty notice for offence (a)

• I received a fixed penalty notice for offence( b)

• I accepted the 100 pound and 3 points for each offence and sent the paperwork back.

• I paid 2 x £100 as directed.

• I later received a letter to say that I had not sent my Licence. I had indeed forgotten to include my license.

• I sent my license and it was returned to me after a few days (I assumed 6 points had been added)

• I received no further correspondence from the fixed penalty office

• On 30/05/2018 I received a single justice Procedure notice for offence (a) saying that I failed to accept an offer.

• At this stage, I checked my driving license and only 3 points were added. It appears that only offence (B) was processed

I spoke with the fixed penalty office. They admitted that there had been an error but he explained that he was unable to do anything as it had been referred to the court. He told me to explain to them that I had followed the process at all stages.

• I pleaded guilty to the court via the form but explained that I already paid the fine and explained the circumstances

• Shortly after I received a refund of a £100

I then received a summons on referral to court as the case was inappropriate for single justice procedure.

• I am unsure why it was decided that it is inappropriate for single justice procedure. This has not been explained?

Edited by Dewi39

How many points do you have on your licence (if another three takes you to twelve or more you face a "totting up" ban and so the matter is unsuitable for the single justice procedure).

Other than that, I don't know why the SJ declined to deal with your case

It doesn't really matter (unless you do face a totting up ban, in which case let me know and I'll explain about "Exceptional Hardship" arguments). I

But what you should do is either appear in court for your hearing or make sure you ask the court (by writing to them) to consider fining you at the Fixed Penalty level (£100 and 3 points).

If you don't you will probably find yourself facing an income related fine, costs and a victim surcharge. Magistrates have guidance which says this:

"Where a penalty notice could not be offered or taken up for reasons unconnected with the offence itself, such as administrative difficulties outside the control of the offender, the starting point should be a fine equivalent to the amount of the penalty and no order of costs should be imposed. The offender should not be disadvantaged by the unavailability of the penalty notice in these circumstances."

It's true that the original cause of this was your failing to send in your licence. In view of this the court may "split the difference" by perhaps ordering you to pay prosecution costs. However, I would think not.

The ticket office obviously agreed to process your offences via a fixed penalty after this had been pointed out to you and actually did process one of them. Only their error (i.e. "administrative difficulties") prevented them processing the other likewise. I would suggest this clearly fits a "reason unconnected with the offence itself, such as administrative difficulties outside the control of the offender."

Personally I would attend court to explain this as these things sometimes have a habit of being overlooked if conducted by letter. Make sure you take a note of that guidance paragraph with you.