Resolvecall / Arc Europe / Major Law kwikfit ins missed payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in January 2017 I switched banks.

Everything seemed to transfer over with no issue until

July 2017 when I received a letter from Kwik Fit Insurance Services saying I owed them £107 for a home contents insurance policy.

On checking my direct debit list I discovered that no payment had been taken for the direct debit. I had two direct debits with Kwik Fit insurance at the time, one for car insurance the other for contents.

I rang the bank who confirmed that Kwik Fit had never applied for the payments to be withdrawn from my account.

I sent a recorded delivery letter to Kwik fit and followed up with another letter (again sent recorded delivery)

three weeks later after I had heard nothing from them.

A month after my second letter I received a letter from Resolvecall to recover the debt on behalf of Kwik fit.

I telephoned Resolvecall and explained the situation and asked them to look into the matter.

The girl I spoke to said she would and would email me within 14 days.

I heard absolutely nothing and (stupidly) assumed it was the end on the matter.

Four weeks ago I received a letter from Arc Europe who have now bought this debt and now a letter from Major Law with fees added.

They are now asking for £130.

Can anyone suggest how I should handle this?

I am not denying that this money should have been paid, albeit by monthly direct debit, but I tried to communicate on several occasions first with Kwik Fit and then Resolvecall only to have my requests ignored.

I can't take the chance that this could go to court as my job relies on me having no CCJs on my credit file.

If I have to pay the money I will (though I wouldn't be able to pay all at once) but I don't think I should have to pay costs.

Would it be worth sending a letter to my bank under the bank account switch guarantee?

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks so much in advance.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Stop ringing powerless dcas

They are NOT BAILIFFS

Neither they nor their fake/tame paper sols have any legal powers nor any remit to add anything to a supposed 'debt'

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...